Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 9.058 for x40 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

9.058 for x40 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
I always liked to know exactly where the traffic problems were so if an alternative route was offered I would be better informed as to whether to accept it or not, so not having this function is a serious omission for me.

Am I misunderstanding what you're missing?

I can still see each individual Traffic incident....

Once a route has been calculated, you are shown the route summary screen, complete with the new panel on the right.
That panel has TWO tabs, the one on the left is the route summary...

and the one on the right is the LIVE details....

Tap the right hand tab to go to the Traffic/Live overview and then either tap the "Details" button at the bottom followed by the "Show Traffic on route" button, or simply tap in the middle of the "Traffic on route" panel.

Both of those methods take you to the Traffic overview screen...

and you can then use the left and right arrows at the bottom to scroll through each individual incident and see the delays expected from each one....

Is that what you were looking for, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an odd issue this morning with IQ routes.

Both live services and the matrix signs reported that the M4 was closed between J3 and J1 yet my 540 planned its usual route to work including this stretch of the M4.

I gave it about 20 mins to re-plan before I gave up and choose my own alternative via the M3. I've checked all the setting and i seem to have them all set correctly to ask it to recalculate routes but this morning it just seemed to fail?

PS: Does anyone else find that TT grossly over-calculates the time it takes to drive through built up areas late at night early in the morning? Mine over estimates by about 10 mins on a 20m journey through SW London. which includes 2 police stations, numerous traffic lights, and Gatso's so no driving like an idiot!
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy P. I think I must have inherited Homer Simpson's brain by listening to him telling me where to go! Traffic incidents are OK as per your last post. I hadn't realised the arrows at the bottom were there. DOH! Luckily I am not in work this week so can experiment a bit. I've rinstalled 9.058 and will check the speed limit again tomorrow; I'm travelling to Gatwick to pick up at the airport, so I'll see what happens on the M4.
I'll still miss the battery charge indicator though.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also go straight to the "show traffic on route" button by touching the traffic bar.
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
Thanks Andy P. I think I must have inherited Homer Simpson's brain by listening to him telling me where to go! Traffic incidents are OK as per your last post. I hadn't realised the arrows at the bottom were there. DOH! Luckily I am not in work this week so can experiment a bit. I've rinstalled 9.058 and will check the speed limit again tomorrow; I'm travelling to Gatwick to pick up at the airport, so I'll see what happens on the M4.
I'll still miss the battery charge indicator though.

I have both the posted limit and my speed showing on my updated TT. Its just moved to the left hand (on horizontal view) side. Maybe it just needs enabling in Statsus Bar preferences.

Also, is it not possible to get the battery level from within the menu, same area as you get the GPS status?

Steve
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
is it not possible to get the battery level from within the menu, same area as you get the GPS status?

Nope, not there.

I think psyskiesman is right, it just doesn't exist except when it appears in the bottom left corner when it's already very low.

EDIT: No I'm wrong there... As "paulday" says below, it's there all the time on my 940 and 950. So I wonder why psyskiesman isn't seeing it?

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
paulday
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 940 has the battery level showing permanently on the main navigation screen all the time it is running on battery power. It is in the bottom left corner of the screen, just below the voice input icon.

Paul
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulday wrote:
My 940 has the battery level showing permanently on the main navigation screen all the time it is running on battery power. It is in the bottom left corner of the screen, just below the voice input icon.

Paul

Mine too. But it's not the easiest of to one to read. Even when it changes colour it can be difficult to notice.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using 9.058 for a week now and find it works quite well. I do have a problem with Google Search but that has been there a few weeks. Since the upgrade I can't get fuel prices to work as it says the data is out of date. Even though I have just updated through Home.

Also I can only do post code searches with the first part of the post code. Not sure if that was all that came with the latest map or if it is to do with 9.058? I use Postcode search a lot so need to get the full post code search working again. Any suggestions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near the top of this forum section index page you will see a "Sticky" thread about postcodes, in this thread are links and instructions on how to download and install the data to your device - Mike
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Near the top of this forum section index page you will see a "Sticky" thread about postcodes, in this thread are links and instructions on how to download and install the data to your device - Mike

Yes thanks! I just remembered that and have downloaded it. Never had to download it before as thought it would come with the maps.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:

Yes thanks! I just remembered that and have downloaded it. Never had to download it before as thought it would come with the maps.

A new version doesn't get downloaded with the maps, but but your existing version shouldn't get lost when you update a map, so there's a slight mystery as to what happened to yours.

But all's well that ends well!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulday wrote:

Paul

You're right "paulday", it's there all the time on my 940 and 950 (I never usually see it un-powered, and when I checked before I posted it was very low so just assumed).

So I wonder why psyskiesman isn't seeing it?
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
aerotec wrote:

A new version doesn't get downloaded with the maps, but but your existing version shouldn't get lost when you update a map, so there's a slight mystery as to what happened to yours.

But all's well that ends well!

I had to load North Europe due to the pesky size limits so maybe it went missing due to the change in regions? Having said that my PGPSW Speed Ca, and other POIs were all correctly in the "North Europe" map folder after the install so the zip folder should still have been in the root directory.

Slight OT but how do I change the map regions installed as when I connect to HOME it doesn't offer me any different maps region to install.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few other things I have noticed:

When browsing the map you don't have the "zoom to my location" arrow above the zoom slider. Instead you tap the 3 icons that are pointing to "Home", "Current Location" or "Destination" and it jumps to those locations.

Also I was hunting for the "Network" button to view the LIVE phone signal. I found it in MENU - STATUS&INFORMATION-VERSION INFORMATION then tap Network.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21

Jump to: