Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Duplicate entries in Live services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Duplicate entries in Live services
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Duplicate entries in Live services Reply with quote

I have had minor problems twice in the last week. Live services have gone down followed by a message saying my subscription has expired. I've checked my Live services listing and it shows 2 entries for HD traffic, one expired 4/1/2010 and the other 4/8/2011. It also lists Live services twice, one dated 4/8/2011 and the other 4/8/2010. I'm wondering if this is causing the problem, and if so, is there any way to delete the expired entries?

Last edited by psyskiesman on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and several others had this problem. For me the result was Google would not work so TomTom support then added a free month to my unit (not my account) and I am running off the unit without a logon. When the month has passed (next week) I am supposed to logon to my account again and all will be fixed.

I suggest you contact TomTom support.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've logged this complaint with TomTom and will report back when I get their reply.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a reply from TomTom today suggesting the following.

Step 1 - Remove the Application

- Connect your navigation device to your computer.
- TomTom HOME starts.
- If HOME offers a new application, click Back.

- In HOME, click Manage My GO
- Select the Items on device tab and then select Applications.
- Click Remove Selected Items from the Device.
- Click on Manage My GO again.
- Select the Items on computer tab and then select Applications.
- Click Remove selected items.

Step 2 - Update the Application Once

- Select 'Update my GO
- Update and Install any software applications that are offered
- Click on "Device" in the top left of HOME and then Disconnect
- Disconnect your TomTom device from your computer

Is this likely to mess things up with that silly update that was losing Live Sevices for anyone unfortunate enough to accept the update?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your TomTom is seeing duplicate entries as that is the information being provided to it by the TomTom servers. I cannot see how reinstalling your application can change any information coming from the TomTom servers.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As MrT says the only way to sort this is to get TT to sort out the data at their end. However don't bank on them not messing it again later. I gave up trying to get mine sorted then one day it was all ok. Not entirely sure it's still that way now as I gave up caring by then.

Reinstalling the NavCore is the TT response when CS don't know the answer or didn't understand the question.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these replies; sounds like I should just sit tight for now and see if it sorts itself.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is still happening to peoples accounts after weeks of constant complaints to TomTom CS, I think the "sit back and wait" method is not going to work. I suggest that you tell them that you are fully aware that this is affecting multiple users and that you are monitoring these forums.

You have been given the standard "fob off" response and it will NOT fix the problem.

I have also been given the "free" extension to the device "demonstration" period while they sort out my real account.

See this thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=84191 for more.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After supplying TomTom with system information they have manged to delete some of the duplicate entries. They did say that was related to some problems they were having at their end. As for the error message "Subscription expired" I did have that again on Tuesday, but now I won't be using my TomTom until next week, so I don't know yet if the problem has been fixed.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My free month not on my account ran out this weekend and I logged in using my own account. It has been extended but my device now shows my expiry dates and the free expiry dates but oddly enough it does not say expired on the free dates but will expire on a date that has past.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had these symptoms, and as from two days ago I now get a message tellign me I need a subscription, no Live services work, and when I go to the live Services screen I get told subscription info cannot be downloaded from the database. My device is shown as connected. I presume there is not some sort of universal LIVE outage in the UK.

When I go to TT wwebsite to see the status of the query I originally raised with them whe nmy subscription started palying up, they said had been escalated to second line, I find it closed and I am told I can't update it and I should start again!

Do their customer service people work for Garmin or something?
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had these symptoms, and as from two days ago I now get a message tellign me I need a subscription, no Live services work, and when I go to the live Services screen I get told subscription info cannot be downloaded from the database. My device is shown as connected. I presume there is not some sort of universal LIVE outage in the UK.

When I go to TT wwebsite to see the status of the query I originally raised with them whe nmy subscription started palying up, they said had been escalated to second line, I find it closed and I am told I can't update it and I should start again!

Do their customer service people work for Garmin or something?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a free month of Live Services with no logon but now I am back on my account I am getting the "Something went wrong" message when I try to Google search.

I don't think TomTom did anything with my account on the server when I was on the no logon account and it is now just back to its faulty state. It is not my unit as it worked on the no-logon account.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF are they playing at? I also am back to square one. Here is my latest complaint to them.
Quote:

I have previously raised reference # 100XXX-004XXX regarding the incorrect allocation of services to my account, leading to services such as "local search" not working.

Having followed the instructions given to use the anonymous account for the last month, I find that that has now expired and I have re-entered my correct login details again.

I am now in EXACTLY the same position that I was a month ago with non-functioning local search. All that has happened is that you have had an extra month to resolve the problem on your account servers.

The problem is NOT resolved and I find myself having to raise yet another fault report.

The configuration of the device is the same as it was a month ago and the services have been correctly working while using the "anonymous" login. This indicates that there is nothing wrong with the unit, so please escalate this straight to level 2 support or higher.

Regards,

Seem familiar?

Z.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I sent almost exactly the same. TomTom support were going to contact me at the end of the embedded service month but they did not.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: