Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 3790T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 3790T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Garmin 3790T Reply with quote

Have seen some conflicting comments on this.
Does it handle 3rd party POIs (ie PGPSW camera database?
Can you plan itineraries like on TomTom?
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom POI files are added using POI Loader (which is free) the easiest way is to add them straight to a MicroSD card then insert that straight to the slot on the device - No different to other Garmin units from what I have used before, the only issues I have seen reported around this subject are when a user trys to load the Custom POI files straight to the built in memory, use a MicroSD and its easy.

Multi stop trips can be planned and saved for later recall on the device, see page 15 of the 37XX user manual that can be found Here (A quick read through the book will offer loads of other information so if you are thinking of getting a 3790T I would save the manual on your PC).

If you do get one and you use an iPhone be careful when leaving the house, I have on one occasion set off with the unit in my pocket mistakenly thinking it was my iPhone! - Probably wasn't fully awake when I did this to be honest!
Very happy with the unit after around six weeks of usage, no issues at all with it, the 3D mapping is stunning in use and my old pet hate of the old Nuvi products (the way they displayed roundabouts) is long since gone, the maps appear far better than earlier units - Mike
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Have they fixed the issue of custom POIs not being shown unless you deleted the inbuilt speed cameras?

Alan
jdgwinnell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the 'advanced' option in POI Loader to send the file to the POI folder on the unit, though having them on the SD card works just as well I think.

Deleting (and backing up elsewhere) the Garmin Cyclops camera sample files is the work of a moment, but of course ideally it should not be necessary to find a work-around to the on-unit selection problem.
Montana 650, Oregon 650

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: