Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 950 Live screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

950 Live screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreensuperhoops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: 950 Live screen Reply with quote

Hi

I bought a 950 live a couple of months ago and have found the screen quite unresponsive, having to prod a couple of time, which can then after a delay typ the same letter twice. In addition the volume is very difficult to change, either the slider doesnt move or often it will operate what is underneath, i.e. changing between 2d and 3d or the "details" "find alternative" options.

Thinking back it worked ok when I took it out the box, the problems started when I took advantage of the latest map guarantee and installed the new maps.

I tried setting the unit back to my original backup which didnt make any difference. I just dont feel it is very good for what was the top range unit at the time.

On another matter for the first time today my laptop (windows7) has warned me that the speed cameras files I was copying to the tomtom were unsafe and I had to overide a safety warning to copy them across.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found screen response to be annoyingly slow with v9 software on every released model I've tried it on. Sad .

Reducing the CPU load by disabling any bits you may not need like Bluetooth or excessive numbers of POI categories *might* help a bit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: