Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - factory reset not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

factory reset not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larok
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: factory reset not working Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Having trouble doing a factory reset with my tomtom 940. when I press the factory reset button it holds on the second confirmation screen for 30 secs, restarts and freezes on the startup screen. tomtom have advised taking out the mapsettings.cfg file and trying again but no avail. I need to do a factory reset followed by a soft reset to restart the modem as my live services subscription has been reset following a problem with the tomtom server error message since we got back from Eire, (Ireland).

Many thanks for your thoughts.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this yesterday trying to fix Live Services and it seemed that the factory reset was doing something to all my POI files (not sure what - trying to delete?) but it ended up corrupting the directory records for these files.

Once I had deleted all my POI files using my computer and run a disk error check, all was fine and the factory reset did what it was meant to.

Doing all this had no effect whatsoever on my Live Service problems and meant I had to restore all my settings.

I sometimes think TT Support ask for a facotry reset as a fix-all without understanding the problem.
Larok
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr T, that fixed the factory reset. I then did a soft reset at the first start up screen when it asks for your language selection. Live services now on again. Perhaps I can help you Mr T. Have you had second line tomtom support reset your live services? Once thats done, the above process resets the modem in the device and after putting your username and password in again, hopefully all will be well.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, my previously unheard of problems have been referred to second line for resolution. I await with baited breath.......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: