Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO950Live similar problems with 940 - see link
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO950Live similar problems with 940 - see link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: GO950Live similar problems with 940 - see link Reply with quote

As my query is really about the 950, I am starting a new thread specifically for the problems with the App 9 for this device - but see here for the 940 problems.

Since downloading and installing the latest v9 application onto my device , I have had voice problems ie warning voice and language incompatibility, where I have had no usable voices and also Live services have disappeared.
I have resorted to taking out the SDHC card then formatting the hard drive, then installing the backup (thanks Mike!!!), which I did immediately after getting the device, back in April.
The device now works fine sans SDHC card, which holds the latest Map and the unworkable latest application. Should I copy the Map direct to the hard drive - will that work?
The hard drive has a now ancient Map, which I would like to replace with the latest which is on the SDHC card ....Q is How Question
Will just copying it over work, or will it require some sort of authentication file to make it work?
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only say what I have said in other posts. I have had no problems at all since updating except for the 2D/3D problem but that was sorted after following Andy_P's instuctions. The only difference to you is I run everything from my unit hard drive, so maybe that is your problem.
NA 2GB v8.45
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
I can only say what I have said in other posts. I have had no problems at all since updating except for the 2D/3D problem but that was sorted after following Andy_P's instuctions. The only difference to you is I run everything from my unit hard drive, so maybe that is your problem.

Could be! It is certainly performing well with the current application and Map. But, I would like to have the latest maps from the SDHC card, but I'm not sure if it/they will just tranfer over to the hard drive via Explorer. I certainly don't want to attach it to HOME at the moment. I assume you just have one map on your device, whereas I have the American map on mine too.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Go 950 Live so I have Europe and North America.
NA 2GB v8.45
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
I have the Go 950 Live so I have Europe and North America.

Understood, but I need the full western europe and the US map on mine and both do not fit.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the old map from the internal storage then copy the new map to the device (put the MicroSD card in a card reader rather than trying to copy from the card in the TomTom to the device memory as this avoids additional headaches)
As long as the Western_and_Central_Europe.meta.dct file gets sent over to the device along with the map data in the same folder you won't have an issue with the activation - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Delete the old map from the internal storage then copy the new map to the device (put the MicroSD card in a card reader rather than trying to copy from the card in the TomTom to the device memory as this avoids additional headaches)
As long as the Western_and_Central_Europe.meta.dct file gets sent over to the device along with the map data in the same folder you won't have an issue with the activation - Mike

Thanks Mike, I was/am nearly there. Should have a fully working 950 very shortly. Have found out that I do have Live service but the sub is now expired.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Live services you will need to connect to TomTom Home and purchase a subscription to get them working if they have expired Wink - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All seems to be 'sorted' Laughing
First time I started the device after removing one surplus 'Europe' map and getting both th American and the European maps on to the SDHC card it opened on the US map - managed to get it back to Europe by using HOME - Use your device.
Now all seems to be OK. That was a lot of hassle sorting that out. Now as you can see below, I have a few months old application. But at least it works. Wink
Thanks for all the help out there.........
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Puzzled Reply with quote

Confused Confused Confused

I have got my GO950 working (pending having the Live services extended), but there is an anomoly which I just don't understand, so to enable me to sleep tonight, can anyone explain.

First, in Explorer, the hard drive and the SDHC card are correctly designated as disc K and J respectively. In HOME they are both called Hard Drive. Crying or Very sad Not helpful.

I have reininstalled an old BackUp and have updated the application to v9.053 and have two maps loaded on to the SDHC card, Europe and North America. The maps are shown correctly in the contents of J - the SDHC card via Explorer.

However when I access the contents via HOME ' Manage my GO', in BOTH the Hard drive and the SDHC card, each shows the two maps, but what is confusing is that each drive also shows two applications - V9.053 and v9.026.

Question: I don't need both applications do I? If I do not need both applications, then is it possible to remove the v9.026 application without affecting the device? If so, how?

Finally, when I load an application I always ask WinRar to overwrite, so I don't know where this duplication has come from.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9,026 or 9,054 will work correctly with Home but 9,053 won't as thats not an official release so Home will ignore it, this might point to the root of some of your problems - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
9,026 or 9,054 will work correctly with Home but 9,053 won't as thats not an official release so Home will ignore it, this might point to the root of some of your problems - Mike

Good point, Mike. BUT, Home is not ignoring it. It shows it as an installed application, together with 9,026. I'm just concerned that if I delete 9,026 using Home (in this case I don't know any other way to do it), then I might again c*** up my device. Perhaps I should just leave it alone Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: