Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC Receiver for TT720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC Receiver for TT720

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sturgi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: TMC Receiver for TT720 Reply with quote

I have done a search but it pulls back loads of posts. I am looking for a TMC receiver for the TT720 and after advice on what is the best one to get as I have seen different options searching the web.

Any advice appreciated.

Ian
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the Mini USB style receiver (part number ends 014) or the round plug style unit with a part number ending 013.

The 014 unit requires power from the car to work so will lose the signal when you stop for fuel etc if your ignition switch turns off the power to the cars accessory socket. The 013 unit will draw power from the host device if power from the car isn't available. Reception quality is about the same for either device and the data isn't as good as you get with a Live HD Traffic enabled PND but it will give you a clue about issues on your travels.

There is a newer RDS receiver thats recently been released that is combined in to the power lead, this device will not work with your TomTom - Mike
sturgi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike

So the 014 my charger plugs in the the TMC so what do I use to plug in the the TT as my battery is poor. Does the TMC divert power to the TT as well? Looking at the TT website it's not very clear but looks like it is the case. TT don't appear to have the 013 anymore.

Cheers

Ian
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 014 unit is supplied with a short (circa 4") lead with a mini USB plug on the end which you insert to the normal power socket on the TomTom, power is ted from the charger in to the RDS unit then power and RDS data are fed in to the PND via the mini USB plug thats part of the receiver - Mike
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm you need navcore version 8.351 on your TT to use the usb rds-tmc receiver. If you want the older version [013], I have seen it on the Buybits site for £24.95 unboxed. If your battery is weak then the powered usb version would be better.
Kia In-dash Tomtom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: