Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 70 Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 70 Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I logged the issue with navigon facebook but they have quite convienently not replyed to my post. I logged the fact that when in fastest route profile the system would only return two routes. I will leave it another day and will log it again just to try and get them to acknowledge this.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do go back to them tomorrow, lads2000, I'd suggest also sending an email to facebook@navigon.com with the details, and mention in your reminder that you've done that.

Navigon are often 'quiet' near the weekend, but in any case they nearly always reply to a post by asking for that detailed email, which then seems to get things moving.
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for the tip I will let you know how I get on.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a further example, I emailed Navigon Facebook and Support teams simultaneously, together with a post on Facebook, yesterday, asking for help with my 'new' (replacement) Live 70.

Today I received a phonecall from Support with advice. Whether it will work remains to be seen tomorrow, but they certainly responded! Razz Razz

EDIT - UPDATE

Still working on the problem, had another phone call today asking how things were going!

BUT, the main reason for the update is a very interesting suggestion they made which may be of help when someone else 'bricks' their unit trying to use Fresh (happening a few times recently, apart from me!).

By the time Fresh finished with me, my unit was completely dead (apart from the charging light) whether connected to the PC or not Burn In Hell Me Me Me , which is why I was a 'little concerned'. Shocked Confused

Navigon suggested a routine which started with the following 3 steps:

- FULLY charge the unit (green led);

- press the on/off switch and the Reset button together for 20 seconds;

- connect to the PC;

As soon as I did this, the unit resurrected itself and is now operating normally again, though I still have some problems with Fresh and my microSD card, which I'm hoping they can resolve.

So, anyone who bricks their 70 might like to try their luck with this procedure if they are desperate! (And maybe it works with the other models as well.)
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is on it's way home for the second time. Lets hope they have fixed it this time Evil or Very Mad I'm hoping I will get it today or tomorrow. I want to get a working unit back and on the road again. On a side note I have logged the myroutes issue again with Navigon but I have yet to hear back from them. and i notice that there are a lot more issues being reported recently on facebook and Navigon have gone quiet in regards to answering them.
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a reply from navigon on the myroutes issue

Quote:
the NAVIGON feature "MyRoutes" provides up to three different routes in all the modes, including fastest, scenic, shortest or optimum. Sometimes there are not enough routes that make sense and the feature only displays two. This happens more often in the setting "fastest route", since often times there are simply no three fastest routes. So the behavior you described is normal. Enjoy your NAVIGON device and let us know if you have any other questions

Well not sure I agree.. I have mine back and it appears to be working but haven't done much with it. Will test over the weekend but for the moment I will atleast not change the profile to fastest.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't accept this explanation (which is the first one I got too from their 'zero-level', script-reading, support desk), and that's partly why they agreed to give me a new unit! Here's what they said on Facebook at one point when I kept pestering (mind you it actually still doesn't explain away the problem!
Quote:
"Hi David, we show alternatives up to 2.000 KM Air-Distance for fastest and optimum route; 1000 KM for shortest route. Please note that Air Distance can differ from road distance.

Between 1.500 and 2.000m KM only 2 alternatives are being shown. This has been implemented since Navigon 8410 to provide the best possible performance"
The essential point that they seem to avoid accepting is that 'fastest' NEVER gives 3 routes - not EVER! I tried local, intermediate (Heathrow, which they assured me would give 3 routes, but didn't), and long (to Lake Garda in Northern Italy) distance journeys. In ALL 3 cases, just 2 routes.

Still, I have pretty well given up on that, as I can't say it's too much of a real problem to me. Just a shame because the 3rd option was often a back-roads route which was very good at avoiding traffic in busy areas. Maybe they privately accept it's a genuine problem and are working on it (looks out of window in search of air-borne pork)
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it looks as much as we try Navigon will not except there is a problem. I think I said it before that a lot of my travelling is via motorways so not really an issue for me. i think i will just leave this unit as Optimal as we can see in v0n's earlier post the 1st route is always the same regardless of the setting.

I will have a look at the weekend to see if I can replicate some of the errors both yourself and v0n were having with the voice guidence.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, although Navigon haven't completely sorted out my problems, they have certainly put a lot of effort in! Very Happy

Their support people worked really hard to help me with my recent problems, including phoning me several times to give advice and check how things were going. And in the process, I have received a new 70 Live and several software 'freebies' worth ~£50 in compensation.

The problems are not entirely gone, but have certainly improved, and the worst - a dead unit - HAS been sorted out. I hope that the remaining issues can either be sorted in a future release, or I can find a 'work-around' (but, as I've said before, they are at least 'livable with').

So, for once, I have actually posted a 'Thank You' on FaceBook for their efforts and goodwill during these recent problems - I wonder if certain other manufacturers would be as conscientious! Razz
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may still be of interest to vOn, and possibly to others as it seemed a more general problem here and on other forums. It's to do with the Voice Assistant cutting out all the time when trying to use it.

I came across this solution on pocketnavigation.de and it seems to work. I should say that Proximity Sensor doesn't seem to work afterwards. However, I hadn't checked whether the PS worked before I made the change so can't say that the change actually introduced it (I have set PS to OFF; the way it's supposed to work, it doesn't actually make a great deal of difference anyway, and I'm NOT going back to Navigon AGAIN!!). Twisted Evil

Anyway, the solution, but a few cautions first -

(1) Create a Backup if you haven't got one already Razz Razz ( Evil or Very Mad ) !!

(2) Make a temporary copy of the 'settings' file on your PC to practise the change and see that it's OK.

(3) NOTE that a factory reset is involved, so if you have hundreds of Favourites (User POIs are not affected), and have altered a lot of the settings, you may have a lot of fiddling to do afterwards (if you think it's worth doing, anyway!).

NOW, carry out the following steps:

- Connect the 70 to the PC

- Open the "NAVIGON" folder on the device

- Open the "Settings" folder

- Open the file "UserSettings.default" file with a text editor and find the following entry "{open chevron}TTSVolume{close chevron} 70 {open chevron}TTSVolume{close chevron}

- Change '70' to a value between 1-10 (the value set so that volume adjusts to your preferences) and save the change (Do not change the file format; Notepad 'save' seems to be OK)

- Disconnect from PC and start up the 70

- On the main Navigation screen, choose 'Options', 'Preferences', 'Options'; Select 'Factory Reset'

On restart the 70 will start using the new value.

JOB DONE (I think!). Certainly is a big improvement from the few tests I did afterwards.

BTW, It also solves another irritating problem people have had, which is the Voice Assistant always being at maximum volume.

If you want to check the original post (I always worry about 'Lost in Translation' Cool ), it's here
Quote:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3zwuwvo [Post 87]

michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Speed cameras Reply with quote

Just updated to the latest software (both Fresh and device) and also extended by subscription to the Navigon speed cameras. But when select the Speed Cameras in Fresh, the download button is "greyed" out. Does this mean they are already downloaded without me noticing or is there some other issue. I have emailed Navigon but I know I can get faster help here.

Michael
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Speed cameras Reply with quote

michaelj2 wrote:
Just updated to the latest software (both Fresh and device) and also extended by subscription to the Navigon speed cameras. But when select the Speed Cameras in Fresh, the download button is "greyed" out. Does this mean they are already downloaded without me noticing or is there some other issue. I have emailed Navigon but I know I can get faster help here.

Michael

Just thinking out loud. As I updated my software before trying to download the speed cameras, perhaps the original speed camera file was deleted from my device and therefore because I extended by subscription (not bought a new one) it is looking for the original speed camera file on my device. If so, how do i restore it from the backup? Or install a new one completely?
Skintdad678
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

Hi,
I have just downloaded Q2 Maps and when I went to download the speed camera database it is greyed out for me also. I already had a subscription though and althought the date is well into the future I cannot download them.

Hopefully there is a resolution................

Trevor
Skintdad678
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Working now Reply with quote

I have successfully downloaded the Safety Cameras now - hope it goes OK for you Michael.

Trevor
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Working now Reply with quote

Skintdad678 wrote:
I have successfully downloaded the Safety Cameras now - hope it goes OK for you Michael.

Trevor

Thank you. Just tried again and it worked! Navigon must have done something as I did get an earlier response from them but at that time it did not work.

safa travels

Michael

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: