Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how do I put poi's onto my 1490t?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how do I put poi's onto my 1490t?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colossus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: how do I put poi's onto my 1490t? Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm being stupid and that this topic has been covered many times but I am having problems getting poi's onto my 1490t. I downloaded from the site but obviously am not putting them in the right place to get onto the device. Am technologically inept so a how to boil an egg guide would be useful.

Thanks,

Colossus
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first question was going to be "Sorry, but what on Earth is a 1490t?" Embarassed

... but I've Googled it now and it looks like it's a Garmin Nuvi.

In that case, I would think you need to compile all your POI files into one folder on your PC and then you use POILoader (which is a free piece of software) to upload them all in one go to the Garmin.

Whenever you want to add another POI file, you just add it to that folder and then repeat the process.

In other words you have to upload them ALL in one go, all together, every time, and you can't just COPY them from your PC to the Nuvi, you need POILoader.

The best set of instructions will probably be the ones for adding the Speed camera data, as they are done in exactly the same way as loading any other POIs.
There are written instructions for that HERE, or there is a video of how to do it HERE.

Hope that's enough to get you going. Any further questions just reply here (and let us know how you get on anyway!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: