Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO LIVE 1000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO LIVE 1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bukton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
I wonder if the parking assist could be similar to what this site provides.

Simple search, display and map and already availible on the iPhone.

I do the same on my WinMo!
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen one rumoured launch date - the end of August. If that is the possible date, isn't it about now that TT would hand out some of the new model to reviewers? So any signs?
Kia In-dash Tomtom
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are probably working out if the memory will be sufficient for future maps and seeing if they need to upgrade the specs.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
They are probably working out if the memory will be sufficient for future maps and seeing if they need to upgrade the specs.
Nah! They've cracked the small memory "Issue/Challenge" by splitting maps into zones. Next splits will be UK split into Counties!!! Then you'll need to carry a laptop to change maps on the device at every county border. Rolling Eyes

The Beta testers on this site must be chuckling at this thread - you can bet they are feeding issues/challenges to TT as fast as they can type. You can probably also get very low odds that TT are chucking the feedback to the chickens as usual!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:
isn't it about now that TT would hand out some of the new model to reviewers? So any signs?

Anyone involved with testing a unit will be covered by NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) so information about the device won't been seen on public forums until it goes on sale or from information packs the TT PR people make available.

From memory only the One XL was reviewed based on a Beta test item with express prior permission from TomTom, never seen this done before or since.
I would wait until these hit the shops before you will see much about them - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

The Beta testers on this site must be chuckling at this thread - you can bet they are feeding issues/challenges to TT as fast as they can type. You can probably also get very low odds that TT are chucking the feedback to the chickens as usual!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chuckling may not be QUITE the right word..... Rolling Eyes
ROBBIE_1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: tomtom 1000 Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
If they block the Speed Cam updates from this site, then I'll be jumping ship and going to Garmin when it comes to upgrade time...

So Taunt TomTom.

Hi I just sold my older tomtom 750, in place of this tomtom 1000. I didn't know until I got home that it interfaces with the computer using tomtom's proprietary web based system, which basically means they have locked third part app's developers out the likes of the pocket world's and such third aprty producers are bound to be angry..

As the software that tomtom use to connect to the computer seems to be only tomtom allowed content to be transferred to the unit as of now, but maybe tomtom will make a ''my home'' as it is called update allowing the installation of third party apps such as pocketworlds warning cameras, makes you wonder if local law enforcememt didn't get in contact with sat nav makers trying to stop users from knowing where police usually peekaboo at unsuspecting speeding motorists. Anyway the tomtom 1000, I have used for four days now, very intuitive, very responsive, very fast at calculating routes, definitely no lagg.

Only one wee thing annoyed me it actually switched off when I was doing a route search the other day but apart from that everything looks brill with this new device. Once you own one you definitely wont want to go back to the older tomtom model this is the way to go both in responsiveness, colours and depth richness this screen brings to the sat nav user.. It turns on very fast and locks satellite signals within seconds without have to search for minutes it's locked as soon as it switches on almost so definitely a plus there over my older unit..

Attaching and releasing this device is a breeze, as is the connecting of the power lead as well it just locks with a snap being attracted by magnets my only gripe is the power lead you have to bring that lead from the car to the house to connect it to your computer, tehn back out to the car to connect it to your power source..

One interesting point is the power point where it attaches to the car is a separate unit which can be left in the cigarette power point, it also has a green led which looks kinda funky but I find it to be too bright at night so ahve to manoeuvre the usb lead so it blocks it from my line of sight none the less in daylight is a nice added feature you then just pull the usb lead out of that but pity they didn't have a secondary lead to save you having to bring it from house to home and vice versa..

Overall I love this new tomtom 1000, even though I cant upload third party apps, i'm happy to be a new owner of the new tomtom 1000.
nocturnal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom 1000 Reply with quote

my tomtom 1000 live came with 2 cables,1 for the car and 1 for the computer

Last edited by nocturnal on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom 1000 Reply with quote

nocturnal wrote:
my tomtom 1000 live came with 2 cables,1 for the car and 1 for the computer

Some very early units were shipped with two cables but those shipping now come withe one cable and a USB cigarette lighter dongle as per my review here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: