Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras do not show up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras do not show up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras do not show up Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to Pocket GPS World forums. I'm learning how to find things on them, but don't always have the time to navigate through all of the threads. Today, I noticed a problem that I don't know how to fix. I live in Germany and turned on my TT 920 today to go to Mainz. I happen to know of three speed cameras on the way, one stationary and two red light cameras, but none of them showed up on my TT. I checked to see if they were installed in my POI's and the sound alerts were active, which all was. I must be missing something, but do not know what. Could it be that I have the same sound alert assigned to all of them, gatso, eur mobile,eur pmobile, eur redlight and eur specs? Rolling Eyes

The only real helicopter is a CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!. "Size Does Matter!'
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that these cameras are actually in the database? You can check by looking at the submission map here. If they aren't on the map, submit them and you could get a free membership!
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are in the data base. I checked and found that one has a red square with a cross in it, a red light camera at an intersection and the one I actually reported has a black square with a cross in it, a stationary camera. The 3rd one, I didn't check in the data base, as I had to log off. (The wife and dinner, you know!) I do know this, I used to subscribe to the TT speed camera updates before going to PGW and those cameras were reported on my device! Thanks for responding! Rolling Eyes

The only real helicopter is a CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!. "Size Does Matter!'
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be anything to do with you having the same sound warning for them all, it must be something else.

When you say they didn't show up on your TomTom, do you mean they just didn't give you a warning, or are they not showing up on the map at all?

If you go to Change Preferences / Show POIs on map and check the speed camera POI files are all ticked to show.
Then go to "Browse map" and scroll and zoom to your locations. Do the cameras show up there?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi roadtrip, just checking that you dowloaded the European camera POIs and that you then set the proximity alerts for these cameras by using the "Warn when near a POI" icon on your TomTom. If you downloaded the "Speed Zoned Cameras" you will have set distances and sounds for about 47 different camera types.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadtrip wrote:
Yes, they are in the data base. I checked and found that one has a red square with a cross in it, a red light camera at an intersection and the one I actually reported has a black square with a cross in it, a stationary camera.

these icons are the 'pending submissions' - i.e. they have not been confirmed / verified / validated yet - if you can see them then it means you submitted them to us! as they are not confirmed yet it means they are not available in the main release database yet.

MaFt
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras do not show up Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
It won't be anything to do with you having the same sound warning for them all, it must be something else.

When you say they didn't show up on your TomTom, do you mean they just didn't give you a warning, or are they not showing up on the map at all?

If you go to Change Preferences / Show POIs on map and check the speed camera POI files are all ticked to show.
Then go to "Browse map" and scroll and zoom to your locations. Do the cameras show up there?

There was no warning and they did not show on the map screen. Also, I went to Change Preferences / Show POIs on map and verified that the check the speed camera POI files are all ticked to show. I then did as you said and went to"browse map" and scrolled to the locations of all three cameras that I know to be "live" but they were not there on the screen.

Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Cameras do not show up Reply with quote

roadtrip wrote:
Andy_P wrote:

There was no warning and they did not show on the map screen. Also, I went to Change Preferences / Show POIs on map and verified that the check the speed camera POI files are all ticked to show. I then did as you said and went to"browse map" and scrolled to the locations of all three cameras that I know to be "live" but they were not there on the screen.

hi Roadtrip,

have a look at the post by MaFt direct above, that will probably be the answer.

Bob
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Hi roadtrip, just checking that you downloaded the European camera POIs and that you then set the proximity alerts for these cameras by using the "Warn when near a POI" icon on your TomTom. If you downloaded the "Speed Zoned Cameras" you will have set distances and sounds for about 47 different camera types.

AliOnHols,
Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the eur gatso, mobile, pmobile redlight and specs camera data bases for all of Europe. I set the alerts to 300 meters, here in Germany. If you would, please explain what you mean by, "speed zone cameras?" Do they fall into a different category from the eur gatso, mobile, pmobile redlight and specs? I thought that the above are were all, "Speed Zone cameras." Sorry, I am not familiar with these "Speed Camera" definitions, as of yet. Please explain what you mean about 47 different types. I am only aware of the 5 mentioned above.

AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi roadtrip. From your reply it appears that you have downloaded and installed the cameras correctly. My question about "Speed Zoned" and "47 types" refers to the European camera database I normally download for Spain and France.

When downloading the camera database you can make a choice how much information you install on your SatNAv. It would appear that you have downloaded the "Consolidated By Type" database which is good. In this download ALL Gatsos, regardless of different speeds, are included within the the one Gatso.ov2 file, ditto for Mobiles, pMobiles, RedLight and Specs. so you have 5 .ov2 files to set up. My reference to "47 types" was because, if you had downloaded the "Speed Zoned" database all 20kmh GAtsos are in one .ov2 file, as are 30kmh Gatsos, 40kmh mobiles, 80kmh Specs, 50kmh RedLights, etc. etc. etc. so that there are 47 .ov2 files to set up.

However, I do suggest that you modify your blanket 300m warning though. Hacking along the German Autobahns and getting a 300m advance warning of a mobile camera site is not really very useful.

Hope your missing cameras get resolved, I think I was wrong with my suggestion and that the reply from MaFt is correct.

Regards, AliOnHols.

Edited several times for some spelling corrections.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
roadtrip wrote:
Yes, they are in the data base. I checked and found that one has a red square with a cross in it, a red light camera at an intersection and the one I actually reported has a black square with a cross in it, a stationary camera.

these icons are the 'pending submissions' - i.e. they have not been confirmed / verified / validated yet - if you can see them then it means you submitted them to us! as they are not confirmed yet it means they are not available in the main release database yet.

MaFt

MaFt,
I only submitted one of the icons you mention; that being the one that shows as a black square. The other one with the red square was not submitted by me. I don't know what the different colored squares mean. This is not a submission problem. My problem here, is that none of the Speed cameras that I know of are showing up on my device regardless of what type they are or where I try to find them. They are in my data base under Change Preferences/Show POIs on map and ticked to show with the same warning sound assigned for each one. I scrolled around the "browse map" screen and zoomed to the known locations on my device, as per "Andy_P's" suggestion to several known stationary speed cameras throughout the Kaiserslautern and Wiesbaden, Germany areas and none of them show up. I have to be missing something here in the download or program selection process. Sad

AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadtrip, you are not missing anything and it appears that you have set up your SatNav correctly. The three cameras that are showing on the Submissions map but NOT on your TT are cameras that are still awaiting verification prior going into the European database, so they are not in the download that you install. Until the locations are verified, they will not be included in the download.
Regards, Ali.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Hi roadtrip. From your reply it appears that you have downloaded and installed the cameras correctly. My question about "Speed Zoned" and "47 types" refers to the European camera database I normally download for Spain and France.

When downloading the camera database you can make a choice how much information you install on your SatNAv. It would appear that you have downloaded the "Consolidated By Type" database which is good. In this download ALL Gatsos, regardless of different speeds, are included within the the one Gatso.ov2 file, ditto for Mobiles, pMobiles, RedLight and Specs. so you have 5 .ov2 files to set up. My reference to "47 types" was because, if you had downloaded the "Speed Zoned" database all 20kmh GAtsos are in one .ov2 file, as are 30kmh Gatsos, 40kmh mobiles, 80kmh Specs, 50kmh RedLights, etc. etc. etc. so that there are 47 .ov2 files to set up.

However, I do suggest that you modify your blanket 300m warning though. Hacking along the German Autobahns and getting a 300m advance warning of a mobile camera site is not really very useful.

Hope your missing cameras get resolved, I think I was wrong with my suggestion and that the reply from MaFt is correct.

Regards, AliOnHols.

Edited several times for some spelling corrections.

Thanks for the suggestion to modify my blanket 300m warning. Good idea to change it to 500m. lets hope I get them to show on my device, now. Wink

roadtrip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
roadtrip, you are not missing anything and it appears that you have set up your SatNav correctly. The three cameras that are showing on the Submissions map but NOT on your TT are cameras that are still awaiting verification prior going into the European database, so they are not in the download that you install. Until the locations are verified, they will not be included in the download.
Regards, Ali.

Please, I say again that this not a submission issue. This is an issue where , I repeat, NO speed cameras are showing on my device for ANYWHERE in Europe! This is not a submission issue. Why are you people telling me that I have a submissions issue??? Twisted Evil

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, How many ov2 (POI) files have you got in the Western_Europe map folder and is this the ONLY Western_Europe map folder the device can see - perhaps there is another copy of the map loaded to the SD card (Not by you intentionally but Home does some rather strange things from time to time) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: