Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert iPhone App Snaps Mobile Speed Camera in Action
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert iPhone App Snaps Mobile Speed Camera in Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdaveone wrote:
spook51 wrote:
So the photo was taken by the driver with his iPhone whilst driving and PGPSW is happy to admit to accepting submissions that way. I see......

spook51
I was not driving as was said , in fact I stop my car to do work at a house on the other side of the road, when the photo was taken, I would not use my phone or camera while driving.

The report states that you were driving at the time so perhaps it could be corrected as you weren't - all the best with your photography!
mrdaveone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert iPhone App Snaps Mobile Speed Camera in Actio Reply with quote

I was not driving as was said , in fact I stop my car to do work at a house on the other side of the road, when the photo was taken, I would not use my phone or camera while driving.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdaveone wrote:
spook51 wrote:
So the photo was taken by the driver with his iPhone whilst driving and PGPSW is happy to admit to accepting submissions that way. I see......

spook51

I'd be getting the report corrected if I was stated as driving at the time (just above the photo) - good luck with your photography!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 - please stop. the point has been made. and, regardless, it makes no difference to the report. the point is the app is accurate and a very helpful tool for submissions to the speed camera database.

further comments along those lines will result in the thread being locked.

MaFt
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere apologies, I have someone gabbling in my ear and hadn't spotted the second page hence the dual reply - please delete any of my posts if you wish.
Pirate3000
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Apps Reply with quote

Now all we need is the same for the TomTom Units and we will all be happy and that included PGPSW...
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, the photo could almost have been taken from my friend's back garden, though we know that it was actually taken from Stocksfield Road itself. I mentioned this to my (non-sat-nav owning) friend, and he told me that they often (3 or 4 times a year) park the camera van at that spot. He also mentioned that they sometimes sit on the other side of the road (ie. catching those travelling south west), but that one isn't in the database yet, and unfortunately, he couldn't be very specific about where they parked!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: