Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 4350Max upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

4350Max upgrade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: 4350Max upgrade Reply with quote

Navigon have just annouced that 4350Max users will be able to upgrade to all the same features of the 6310

http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/uebernavigon/presse/artikel/100223_Upgrade_4350max_6310.html

I have asked if this will allow the Truck / Caravan option to then be added on top.
mattius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Really annoyed..... Reply with quote

I've spent a fortune upgrading to date. Now I have to pay again a vast sum for most of the aps which I have already bought in order to get a couple of new ones. Typical money grabbing marketing. Evil or Very Mad
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattius - as you have already bought some of these functions already, it's worth asking Navigon if they will allow you a credit on this upgrade. Not a great chance I know, but I think they are actually one of the more reasonable manufacturers, and it doesn't cost anything to ask!
mattius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked yesterday but got a polite "afraid not!" Thought, well 3D landscape & voice control would be good so I updated my unit. All appears fine except that voice commands do not work. I rung Navigon only to be told that they cannot help till Monday as they are all leaving for the weekend.
On thing I have noticed with Navigon is their customer service - Sometimes if you phone you get an agent in the UK & sometimes you get an agent in Germany. If you get the former then hang up as the UK Cust Service is worse than appalling. However if you get a German agent they are very professional & helpful. It's so embarassing being English at times. The incompetance & attitude of this county at all levels........ (I'm lost for words). Roll on the General Election. Rolling Eyes
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When were you able to download? My dad purchased the upgrade on Thursday evening and he can't download.
There's no reference to the upgrade in downloads of the 'fresh shop' within the program.
I guess that the UK server wasn't updated but wonder if it is now?
mattius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
When were you able to download? My dad purchased the upgrade on Thursday evening and he can't download.
There's no reference to the upgrade in downloads of the 'fresh shop' within the program.
I guess that the UK server wasn't updated but wonder if it is now?

In the e-mail they would have set you as a receipt you will find the activation code which you need to enter into Freshmaps "Enter Activation Code" button. Once you have done that the prgram will appear for download in your list! Wink
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tried entering the code and it wouldn't work.
I'm guessing whatever the problem was has been fixed so told him to try it again.
mattius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: "I"s look like "L" 's - Pot calling kett Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
He tried entering the code and it wouldn't work.
I'm guessing whatever the problem was has been fixed so told him to try it again.
Eddiejen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to buy an upgrade yesterday from the navigon website and it rejected my voucher so I could only buy the upgrade at full price. I have sent an email to support to find out what is going on.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad spoke with Navigon this morning. Turned out 1 character in his activation code was wrong. It was uppercase when it should have been lowercase.
Quickly sorted out and he's now happy downloading the upgrade.
leckyphil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also downloaded the upgrade.Voice command does not work for me either. Downloaded 3 times after assistance from navigon, but still no go.Anybody got it working yet?
mattius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade all works fine now. I think my problem was impatience. The upgrade takes some time & you have to be patient & wait for the ROM's to get flashed successfully!!!! If you think it's finished wait, wait, wait, as it probably hasn't!
Wink
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leckyphil wrote:
I also downloaded the upgrade.Voice command does not work for me either. Downloaded 3 times after assistance from navigon, but still no go.Anybody got it working yet?

Try to do a 'hard' reset of the device. I think normally holding down the power button for a while will do a reset.
My dad upgraded his and don't remember him saying the voice command didn't work (just that the phone book didn't work or something) not sure as within hours of him upgrading they had packed up the caravan and on the road.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leckyphil - have you got Voice Control mentioned in the various 'options' lists anywhere? If you have, is it set to 'OFF' perhaps?

No offence Embarassed but I take it of course you are using English or some such on the unit - the list of supported languages is Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish & Swedish. So if you were one of our Rumanian friends, for instance, you might be out of luck! Laughing
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
leckyphil - have you got Voice Control mentioned in the various 'options' lists anywhere? If you have, is it set to 'OFF' perhaps?

Yes there is an option, which may need to be set to 'full' in order to activate the voice commands.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: