Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassA wrote:
I think CamerAlert is a great app but I do think it is a bit verbose. I also have an OriginB2. The OriginB2 says "Gatso thirty!" while CA says something like "Fixed speed camera, thirty miles per hour." CA uses seven words where the Origin gets by with two words and is, I think, more impactful.

Thank you for your good work.

Change your settings - select "Shortened warnings ON", then you'll get "Fixed, Thirty". (Personally, I prefer the longer version. Both the longer and shorter warnings are the result of user feedback, as is the option for Pre-warning).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
CA_0611223628
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Prevent inactivity timeout - request Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I have being using Camera Alert for a few weeks now and I think the app is great, well done to all the teams involved in its development and support.

My question/suggestion is; would it be possible to have an option to prevent the app terminating through inactivity timeout whether in foreground or background?

I have seen a similar request elsewhere and there were some discussion around putting this feature under the ‘Prevent Standby’ option but that feature appears not to be implemented yet.

The reason this feature would be useful lies in the way I am using CA.
Basically I am using an iPod Touch 4G with GNS BT GPS receiver, both works great together.

Now all my music is loaded onto the iPod which is connected to the in car audio and hidden away in the armrest. So CA’s audio announcements are played over faded music which is just what I want.

I run CA in list mode since no data would be available to update the map anyway. I do have an inbuilt Sat Nav so CA map display is not important in my case.

I really want to be able to start CA and just leave it running; not having to restart the app each time I get in and out of the car or if I make a pit stop at the services.

Sorry for all the waffle above but is it possible to have this feature implemented please? Smile
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that feature is on the list for a future version. Right now we have bigger fish to fry, so it may take a while.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
CA_0611223628
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply looking forward to that version.
Keep up the good work and let us know what you are working on.

BTW I love fish so it's all good.

Greg.
grd2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Volume Control Reply with quote

Assuming it is not something I have missed can we have a volume control setting for the initial warnings and possible for the reminders?

When connected through my radio bluetooth and playing iPhone music I have the warnings fade the music but the sound of the warnings are very loud compared with music volume.

I'm believe the volume control on the bottom of the screen controls the music volume and I have that turned up full.

Thanks for a great app.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

independent warning audio volume is on the list for the next version too. We can't make any promises when that will be though. Apple are not at all cooperating, and keep inventing new rules to reject our app updates.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Enhancemet request - Motorway Mode Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for an enhancement to CamerAlert.

I travel a lot on motorways and often get spurious alerts from other roads I am crossing. My suggestion is to have a ‘motorway mode’ button/icon.

If all cameras on motorways were flagged as such in your database, then switching on motorway mode would only alert cameras flagged as on the motorway. A warning would be displayed on screen to show you were in motorway mode. To ensure you don’t accidentally stay in motorway mode when you leave the motorway, an audible alarm would alert you if your speed dropped under, say, 30mph (or a user specified value) when in motorway mode.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Enhancemet request - Motorway Mode Reply with quote

alan_dr wrote:
I travel a lot on motorways and often get spurious alerts from other roads I am crossing. My suggestion is to have a ‘motorway mode’ button/icon.
Not for me, thank you, I don't want to have any clutter on my App. I do a lot of motorway driving too and whenever I get spurious alerts from other roads they are usually less than 70mph, so I ask myself if I'm on a motorway, if there are temporary speed restrictions in force. Not true, really - I know I'm on a motorway and that there are no temporary restrictions. So I just ignore those alerts. I think I get 4 or 5 between Cardiff and London - that's not what I'd class as "often" - and I haven't noticed enough on other motorways to be significant. Good luck to pgpsw if they take this on, but I'll not be wanting to strain my grey matter to keep fiddling with settings during a journey. When I'm joining or leaving a motorway, I prefer to concentrate on carrying out that manoeuvre. And audible alarms when I slow down or stop for traffic jams at accidents and roadworks (or EVERY time I drive through Spaghetti Junction)?

And I know we all never fiddle whilst in motion, so where do we stop to switch on/off? Very Happy

sturmey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: 115 kph, 125kph, 135kph, 145kph and 155kph Reply with quote

You are going to hate me!
It was only recently that you very kindly included 140 and 160kph cameras into your database to cater for speed cameras here in UAE.
Please could you also add cameras for speeds of multiples of 5 in between the main speeds i.e. at 115, 125, 135, 145, and 155kph?
sturmey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 115 kph, 125kph, 135kph, 145kph and 155kph Reply with quote

sturmey wrote:
It was only recently that you very kindly included 140 and 160kph cameras into your database to cater for speed cameras here in UAE.
Please could you also add cameras for speeds of multiples of 5 in between the main speeds i.e. at 115, 125, 135, 145, and 155kph?

Reason for asking is because speedometers are generally approx 5kmph faster than actual vehicle speed at motorway cruise speeds. CameraAlert obviously uses the actual vehicle speed as this is derived from changes in gps coordinate.
When I save a 140kmph camera, I must wait until my speedo reads 145kmph before I am alerted of the camera, and at this speed I am at risk of a camera flashing and getting a ticket - as cameras are very sensitive in UAE.
Currently users in UAE are forced to save cameras with slower limits than is permitted, just to ensure that they are alerted when approaching a camera.
As a result CameraAlert sounds warning messages to me every 30secs of my 80min work commute which I make twice a day - usually resulting in me turning the app off :-(
I want to be alerted when my speedo reads over 140kmph, which currently means I need to save the camera limit to 135kmph. Although this would be satisfactory for my needs, it would be ambiguous as the app displays a speed limit which differs from the street signs.
An altogether better solution would be to have a speed offset variable in the settings of Camera Alert. This would increase the speed displayed and used by CameraAlert by a given amount. This offset would probably be a percentage of the current speed (at 140, I need an extra 5kmph, therefore the percentage I need would be 3.6%). The offset variable in Camera Alert setting could be variable to suit different vehicles - default could be 0.0%, for all users who choose not to use this feature.
Let me know what you think, or if you have had this request previously.
Cheers.
sturmey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 115 kph, 125kph, 135kph, 145kph and 155kph Reply with quote

sturmey wrote:
sturmey wrote:

Reason for asking is because speedometers are generally approx 5kmph faster than actual vehicle speed at motorway cruise speeds. CameraAlert obviously uses the actual vehicle speed as this is derived from changes in gps coordinate.
When I save a 140kmph camera, I must wait until my speedo reads 145kmph before I am alerted of the camera, and at this speed I am at risk of a camera flashing and getting a ticket - as cameras are very sensitive in UAE.
Currently users in UAE are forced to save cameras with slower limits than is permitted, just to ensure that they are alerted when approaching a camera.
As a result CameraAlert sounds warning messages to me every 30secs of my 80min work commute which I make twice a day - usually resulting in me turning the app off :-(
I want to be alerted when my speedo reads over 140kmph, which currently means I need to save the camera limit to 135kmph. Although this would be satisfactory for my needs, it would be ambiguous as the app displays a speed limit which differs from the street signs.
An altogether better solution would be to have a speed offset variable in the settings of Camera Alert. This would increase the speed displayed and used by CameraAlert by a given amount. This offset would probably be a percentage of the current speed (at 140, I need an extra 5kmph, therefore the percentage I need would be 3.6%). The offset variable in Camera Alert setting could be variable to suit different vehicles - default could be 0.0%, for all users who choose not to use this feature.
Let me know what you think, or if you have had this request previously.
Cheers.

Alternatively, have a variable in the settings to warn of speed cameras even when vehicles are Xkmph under speed limit. This would probably be more practical, and less risky for the app.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 115 kph, 125kph, 135kph, 145kph and 155kph Reply with quote

sturmey wrote:
What are your settings? On my iPhone, CamerAlert warns me of every camera irrespective of my speed - I have it set to give me 30 seconds Pre-warning and whether it's a 150 or 20 speed camera, it warns me there is a "speed camera, xx speed limit ahead", 30 seconds before I'll reach it at my current speed (unless it's at the camera's speed), either way, it does NOT wait until I'm over the speed before warning - that's the Overspeed warning, not the camera warning.

JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 115 kph, 125kph, 135kph, 145kph and 155kph Reply with quote

sturmey wrote:
Let me know what you think
I use the Android version, but I can't believe that this is not due to a problem with your configuration.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ sturmey - if the speed limit is 140kmh then you submit the camera as 140.

If we start adding cameras at 145kmh then users will be confused as they are not real speed limits.

We have no plans to add a feature that allows a "percentage over" speed warning.

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sturmy wrote:
Why would you be flashed at speedo reading of 145 when your actual real speed is 140 (measured by your GPS) and the cam is a 140kph cam?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: