Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 1.5 pre-announced
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 1.5 pre-announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember seeing any Google services, although there are on CoPilot.

This manual link *was* suggested by Navigon, on their Facebook page. I guess they haven't got around to writing for the iPhone yet.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry SSR - I didn't mean check with Navigon about your suggestion. I meant about the Live Services manual. But from what you say, maybe those services are not yet implemented anyway.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like this traffic update. And I think it downloads a little more than just traffic as I have been seeing the odd poi here and there that I hadn't spotted before in addition to the odd temporary speed camera that you wouldn't expect Navigon to be up to date with?? Might be me though!

On the app there is Google Local search, and Traffic. No sign of any other services like weather or else.

Nice touch is when on route a traffic report will warn you and with a touch of the now red traffic button you are shown an amber current route and a green diverted route with distance and time comparisons. You can also break into the detail and selectivly choose which occurances to avoid if there are multiply traffic obstructions.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More detail on 1.5, including another in-app purchase

Most of the detail below:

Keep in touch: new update personalises the NAVIGON iPhone app and provides social media connection to Twitter and Facebook

NAVIGON turns the iPhone into your own personal navigator. Update 1.5.0 offers individual route planning with NAVIGON MyRoutes and enables users to communicate directly via Facebook and Twitter. The navigation application can now also be upgraded with Panorama View3D.

MN iPhone_PubilshStory Facebook_INTHamburg, Germany, 09 February 2010 – With NAVIGON MobileNavigator 1.5.0, users can communicate in real time. Thanks to the new Facebook and Twitter integration, they can let their friends and acquaintances know their current location, their destination and their planned time of arrival. They can also add a short message to the post. ‘Facebook and Twitter will now also accompany our uses on their car journey upon request. A few clicks are all it takes to share details of your destination with friends or easily let them know if you are running late. Then your attention stays on what’s important – the traffic,’ says Gerhard Mayr, Vice President of worldwide mobile phone business & new markets of NAVIGON.

Kasten MN iPhone Update 1.5.0 enShow off your personality with NAVIGON MyRoutes
The NAVIGON MyRoutes feature turns the iPhone into a personal route planner. Route calculations take the user’s personal driving style, the day of the week and the time of day into account. The feature then bases future route recommendations and arrival time calculations on the user’s personal driving style. NAVIGON MyRoutes recommends up to three routes for the driver to choose from but also recommends the best route for them – based on their previous driving behaviour. ‘With NAVIGON MyRoutes for our MobileNavigator, we are now integrating one of the most popular features available in our latest generation of PNDs into the NAVIGON iPhone app. The user receives an even more personalised route calculation that is tailored to their personal driving habits,’ says Gerhard Mayr. The latest update, 1.5.0, takes different user personalities into account, thanks to social media integration and NAVIGON MyRoutes. In addition to these features, functions such as Google Local Search and the option of entering geographic coordinates are also available for all. The NAVIGON software is also the only on-board navigation application to offer Reality ViewTM Pro, an integrated iPod control, a pedestrian navigation option and the Traffic Live feature in a single app.

More driving pleasure thanks to Panorama View3D
For even more comfort, update 1.5.0 can also be optionally enhanced with Panorama View3D. The display, based on the surroundings, improves orientation and gives the user a realistic overview of the landscape. iPhone users can buy Panorama View3D as an in-app purchase for 9.99 euros.

Price-Promotion until end of February
From February 9th to 28th the current European Software-version of MobileNavigator is available for a promotion price of 74,99 euros (instead of 99,99 euros). During this time the price of the traffic service Traffic Live is also reduced from 24.99 euros to 14.99 euros.[/url]
WelshTom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not seeing a reduced price on the traffic update as-of-yet, still showing at £18.49 for me. Anyone in the UK seeing a reduced rate?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WelshTom wrote:
I am not seeing a reduced price on the traffic update as-of-yet, still showing at £18.49 for me. Anyone in the UK seeing a reduced rate?

Traffic for Europe is now showing £11.49!

WelshTom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
Traffic for Europe is now showing £11.49!

Perhaps ths discount only applies to the European version then? Mine is the British Isles version and as of typing it is still full price Sad

Has v1.5 been submitted to Apple yet or is the update a bit further away than that?
gajet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

, went to check if UK version had the update and discount and accidentally pressed buy now. So just paid full price and this is likely to be discounted in the next few days.

OH well. lesson learned. Turn off One Click buying as I'm too stupid to have that.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the Club. 1-click buying is a PITA Evil or Very Mad
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WelshTom wrote:
Has v1.5 been submitted to Apple yet or is the update a bit further away than that?

Will be submitted end of March apparently!

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk,gajet wrote:
...complaining... Twisted Evil

Sadly I bought the traffic addon months back for full price when it wasn't even working. So I've been waiting all this time just to see what I paid for. Sad

WelshTom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
Will be submitted end of March apparently!

Thanks - guess I can stop refreshing iTunes looking/hoping for the update then Laughing

Still gutted that the British Isles traffic in-app update is showing as full price!
gajet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:

Sadly I bought the traffic addon months back for full price when it wasn't even working. So I've been waiting all this time just to see what I paid for. Sad

So is traffic still not working? I thought that was supposed to be fixed now. How can the continue to sell a product that doesn't exist?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gajet wrote:
So is traffic still not working? I thought that was supposed to be fixed now. How can the continue to sell a product that doesn't exist?

No No. Live Traffic is fully up and running but only as of about a week ago, so this last week I have been able to finally see it in action!

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Join the Club. 1-click buying is a PITA Evil or Very Mad

and very dangerous if the kids or friends are playing with the iphone!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: