Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting past Product Code
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting past Product Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Getting past Product Code Reply with quote

Hi - I was a McGuider user then switched to CPL8 but I quickly learned my lesson so I am back in the McG camp again.

Knowing that McG 2009 no longer is - I contacted Sygic who told me that an update to Sygic Mobile Maps 9 is a free update. I uninstalled McG from the phone and copied the Sygic download, which they gave me, onto the SD card. It started as expected but required activation of course.

I logged onto the Activate site where it asks for Product Code - the only one I have is the old McG one which is therefore what I used. I must have done something wrong at this stage because it got screwed up - I did it on the phone so the small screen makes it more difficult.

So I repeated the exercise on the laptop where I entered the Product Code correctly only to be told that I am already registered. I cannot get past this to enter the Device Code and receive an Activation Code so I am stuck. I am in contact with Sygic but at the moment I am perhaps not explaining the problem well to them because their response doesn;t help.

Can anyone else help?

Roy
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sygic need to clear the registration on the server or issue you a manual activation code. They should be able to sort this quite easily for you, although you may need to prove ownership of McG2009 first.
There really is nothing new in SMM9 over an updated McGuider 2009 though - the maps and program version are currently the same (except for iPhone which has had updates).
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scary, I have asked a fellow Sygic user for guidance and it appears that the latest maps from Sygic are later than my version of McG. The change of map also appears to resolve one of my two 'beefs' with McG although I haven't tested it myself yet.

My reason to switch was simply to assure myself of continuing support.

Roy
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they using the iPhone version? If so then yes they have an updated map available. The version I downloaded from Sygic's site still contained the same maps (by version at least) as that provided within McGuider 2009.
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary. The member who was testing this for me indicated that he was using :
7.71 Build 7739D Map 7.80.
Having deleted McG from my phone I cannot access my own now but I recall that these levels indicated an update beyond mine.

p.s.added later |: I forgot to mention it was the Android version he was using.Sorry

Roy
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy

I think that was me wasn't it?

I am sorry but I can't help you with your install problem though.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was Peter - I was trying to maintain your anonimity!

I will contact Sygic tomorrow to try again. It is possible , from what Scary is saying, that the WM version lags the Android/IPhone versions in terms of functionality. Nevertheless I am happier using a product which appears to be being developed and which offers support even if it isn;t quite right yet.

My main interest is still in a 'Truck' solution running under WM but, as yet, no joy.

Roy
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy

whether your platform is WM or Android the version of the software and maps should be the same. It comes with one set of maps and 3 different installation apps, one each for WM, Android and Symbian.

The iphone one is seperate - after all Apple would not want to dirty their nice clean itunes site or iphone with filthy WM or Android apps would they Rolling Eyes

Did I mention that Sygic have said that I will be able to update the app and maps for free when the next lot come out? I suspect that won't apply to your map because you are already on your one map update they allow.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter - Thank you - that is clear now.

Regarding the map updates - well if it is a software improvement with map updates I don't mind paying.

Roy
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
Did I mention that Sygic have said that I will be able to update the app and maps for free when the next lot come out? I suspect that won't apply to your map because you are already on your one map update they allow.

Since you have mentioned it first Peter - keep an eye out over the next few weeks (if the message I got from Support is correct anyway).
As with McGuider, using the Sygic Assistant will ensure you are up to date.
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out that if you have bought McGuider prior to May 09 you need a different Product Code. Once I got this , and obtained an Activation Code all has worked well.

I must say that Sygic support have been superb (Jozef) which is a refreshing change compared to some others.

Having now got it I am retesting some of my old 'issues'. The reason I stopped using McGuider was because of two things and it appears that one of these has now been fixed. PeterC10 had done these tests for me on Android and it was fixed on that. The WM Version I have now is 7.71, Map 7.8 and Build : 7034D.

I have one outstanding issue which I will raise in a separate thread.

Thanks to all.

Roy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: