Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comSatmap have quietly released the v1.400 firmware update for their Active 10 handheld mapping GPS.

This is a major update which incorporates a number of bug fixes and user interface and operation updates that Satmap have implemented based on user testing and feedback from beta users and forum members.

Please ensure you read the user guide Satmap have posted here to acquaint yourself with all the new features before you proceed with the upgrade.

Accompanying the firmware upgrade is a new v1.4 version of SatSYNC. Satmap recommend you install this updated version of SatSYNC before attempting the firmware upgrade.

The upgrade files for both the Active10 and SatSYNC are available from Satmap here.

LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren - with all the updates reported in version 1.4 is it worth changing the old wish-list sticky to a new one the represents what people want now as opposed to what they wanted before 1.4 (or even earlier)?
Satsync 1.525
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
Darren - with all the updates reported in version 1.4 is it worth changing the old wish-list sticky to a new one the represents what people want now as opposed to what they wanted before 1.4 (or even earlier)?

Yes, good idea, will sort that now.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've deprecated the old wishlist and created a new sticky for post v1.400 ideas here.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new version of GSAK macro which supports geocaching icons in the new release of firmware and software has been emailed out tonight to those that have previously requested a copy of earlier versions. If there are any new geocachers that would like it please send me a PM with your email address.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbo10 wrote:
A new version of GSAK macro which supports geocaching icons in the new release of firmware and software has been emailed out tonight to those that have previously requested a copy of earlier versions. If there are any new geocachers that would like it please send me a PM with your email address.

Happy to host and link here if easier?
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone successfully installed the POI icons ?
I seem to be going round in circles.

Please tell me they have allowed alteration of the colour and width of routes and it's just that I can't find it!!

When I connect to the new Satsync why does it keep saying I need the software updating.I have done it once,gone back to default but it still pops up a box,I have unticked the option in "Settings" in Satsync but surely it shouldn't keep saying it.I am up to date as far as I know.

Apart from the above not a bad update,plenty of thought gone into it.

Ian
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your software is version 1.4 and platform is version 09.02.21 or higher then you should be able to import directly to the Internal memory using satysnc, you do not need to unzip the file.

If your software and platform does not meet these specifications then you need to insert you Map SD card into the PC and unzip the icons file to it and then reinsert into your A10.

Instructions are in the user guide.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbo10 wrote:
If your software is version 1.4 and platform is version 09.02.21 or higher then you should be able to import directly to the Internal memory using satysnc, you do not need to unzip the file.

If your software and platform does not meet these specifications then you need to insert you Map SD card into the PC and unzip the icons file to it and then reinsert into your A10.

Instructions are in the user guide.

Tried both ways and it won't import them.

It also won't import another POI file which the previous version of Satsync was happy to do.

Something not right somewhere.

Ian
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry not sure then, it's a long shot but try changing the zip file name to "My POI Icons.zip before importing. If that doesn't work I guess you will need to contact Satmap.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a beta tester for these new versions of firmware and SatSync (I think Gibbo was as well) and I have a very old platform version on my A10 (platform 00.00.0) - the POI icons cannot be installed on an A10 running the latest version of firmware unless the unit is also running the latest version of platform software. To update your platform software, goto the Satmap shop and order an SD card to do this - unfortunately, they're charging £9.99 for it!
Although you can't "install" the POI icons on the A10 unless you upgrade your platform software, you can still "use" them on the A10- just ensure that they are present on the SD card that you have in the unit (i.e. your map card) and you can assign them to POIs that you create. The downside of this is that your POIs lose their custom icons whenever you take that SD card out!
I guess the solution if you don't want to pay for the platform upgrade is to keep a copy of the POI icons on all of your mapcards (they don't take up much space).
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the 1.4 download of Satsync also contains the V1.4 firmware upgrade for the A10. So it seems Satsync and A10 firmware can both be upgraded with a single download.
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
... I have a very old platform version on my A10 (platform 00.00.0) - the POI icons cannot be installed on an A10 running the latest version of firmware unless the unit is also running the latest version of platform software. To update your platform software, goto the Satmap shop and order an SD card to do this - unfortunately, they're charging £9.99 for it!
Although you can't "install" the POI icons on the A10 unless you upgrade your platform software, you can still "use" them on the A10- just ensure that they are present on the SD card that you have in the unit (i.e. your map card) and you can assign them to POIs that you create. The downside of this is that your POIs lose their custom icons whenever you take that SD card out!
I guess the solution if you don't want to pay for the platform upgrade is to keep a copy of the POI icons on all of your mapcards (they don't take up much space).
lucevans, could you explain a bit for this dunce what's meant by "platform software"? I haven't come across this phrase before - this is presumably different from "firmware" (v1.4 etc.)? How do I establish which "platform" I'm on?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pull up the Settings | About page you will see something like version 1.400 (xx.xx.x). the xx.xx.x is the platform number. Consider it a base firmware onto which the software (1.4000) is loaded.

And has everyone noticed the ability to capture screen-shots at last?
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote
Quote:
To update your platform software, goto the Satmap shop and order an SD card to do this - unfortunately, they're charging £9.99 for it!

I'm not sure this is necessarily correct. I understand that some of the differences in the "platform software" relate to the hardware on which they run. I believe that the older and newer A10s have different motherboards. So before you pay out your £9.99 you may want to check with Satmap that you are getting what you think you are getting. I think all they say they are providing for the £9.99 is the Hibernate facility.
Satsync 1.525

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: