Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion PPC250 (MD41800) SDIO???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion PPC250 (MD41800) SDIO???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budgie55
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Medion PPC250 (MD41800) SDIO??? Reply with quote

Hi all

OK quick question here.

I bought the new Adli Medion bundle.

I would like to add SDIO WiFi card to it if possible. However I cannot see anywhere any info on whether or not the slot is SDIO compatible.

I dont obviously want to waste £60 or so buying a Sandisk WiFi card from ebay or wherever and find it wont work.

I have read posts on here about the old kit PPC200? working fine with the SDIO WiFi cards.

Has anyone here bought the unit and has a card they could try or does anyone know. Any response would be great I'm going to try and contact Medion but I am not getting my hopes up.

Out of interest did see an interesting article on Toms Hardware about the Samsung chip that is in the unit which seems to indicate the CPU has SDIO support built in but I could be wrong here link is... http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040109/ipaq_h1940-01.html I know it is however for an Ipaq 1940 Confused
walpurgis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this Google-ised translation from a German forum, someone there has already seems to be using a Sandisk WiFi card in the Tchibo version of the PCC250. So it must support SDIO.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pocketnavigation.de%2Fboard%2Fthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D23273%26sid%3D0d83962d19a48bc973bd15a52425d71d%26hilight%3DTchibo%26hilightuser%3D0&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Apologies about the long URL.
budgie55
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that m8

Its still hard to gather what they are really saying and it still isnt really set down in stone that I can see anywhere.

Unless anyone on here has the new aldi or halfords unit and has an SDIO card working I may have to just bite the bullet and get one off ebay for around £60 and hope it works :/

If not ..... anyone wanna buy a SDIO WiFi card hehe :P
gromet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you regarding getting one of these cards.....if you do hear back from Medion please post their answer.

Thanks
budgie55
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromet I got through to tech support at Medion however the guy was really helpful but I got the feeling was reading the specs from their own website which I had already checked.

I think I am going to take the plunge and risk buying a card from ebay for around £60. I have read on some German forums, thx to the poster in this thread for that and it does SEEM to support SDIO.

I will take the plunge and order a card and let you know!!! Smile

Wish me luck hehe Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Cheers

Allan
gromet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with that Thumbs Up

Look forward to hearing how it turns out for you.
budgie55
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick update card arrived this morning and works !!! woooohooo

To confirm for anyone searching the forums the memory card slot on the new Aldi Medion PPC250 (41800 model) IS SDIO compliant and I have succesfully got a Sandisk WiFi SD card working in the slot.

Got it off ebay for around £60 brand new from USA. Anyone wants the guys link pm me on here. Think they are around £66 on ebuyer at the moment and getting towartds £100 on other sites so quite a saving to be had on ebay or ebuyer at the moment.

Cheers

Allan
Otis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: SDIO Now! Reply with quote

On the reviews etc for SDIO Bluetooth Cards, they say that the Pocket PC must have SDIO Now! software is this on the MDPPC 250 or do I need to install it seperately?

Cheers
Otis
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are very few Pocket PCs that support SDIO that don't have SDIO Now! drivers installed.

There were one or two models (including, I think, at least one Toshiba) that had only proprietary SDIO support, and only worked with one or two SDIO cards. These days, it's usually taken that if a Pocket PC has SDIO support, it is using SDIO Now! drivers.

As others have said the Medion 250 works with the Sandisk Wi-Fi card, I think that's the best guarantee you're going to get short of finding it on an official specification sheet that it has SDIO Now! drivers built in.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: