Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Toggleable maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Toggleable maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPSwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you say re the toggle function as it is, I don't see much advantage with it. With zooming still required after switching scales with the toggle to see the desired size map on screen it would be practically as easy to do the non-toggle zooming. If the scales can be fixed individually however, for each map, I would go for it.
outdoorsdel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Toggleable maps Reply with quote

I've just had a Snowdonia map made toggleable (ghastly word). It is supposed to toggle between Base map, 1:50k and 1:25k in rotation, but would only ever toggle between two of these three. Which two depended on the magnification at the time. I phoned them and they sent me a new map card, but the result was the same. Now they want the unit back. Has any one else had similar problems?
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one toggleable map will only toggle to the 1:25k map if the zoom scale is greater than about 1:30k-1:35k. If the scale is smaller than this (ie more than 35k) then it will only toggle between base and 50k. If the scale is bigger than this (ie less than 35k) then it will toggle between all 3 (base, 50k and 25k).
outdoorsdel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told it would only toggle at all when in 1:25k mode (which seems odd) but then I couldn't toggle to the Base Map, only to 1:50k. I'll let you know the final outcome.
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1:25,000 and a 1:50,000 on one SD card, both "Toggleable" and my experience is the same as RavingDave's i.e. I can toggle among all three but only when the zoom setting is within the usable range of whichever map I'm trying to switch to, including the 1:250,000 base/Road map.

I find this fairly logical because if you were able to toggle into a map when outside its zoom range it would probably be unreadable.

What's annoying, and why I wouldn't have paid the money if I'd realised, is that the respective maps don't retain their own zoom settings, so having toggleability doesn't really help much.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: