Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Austrian maps. Any good for ski routes?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Austrian maps. Any good for ski routes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Austrian maps. Any good for ski routes? Reply with quote

has anyone seen the detail in these maps, toppo, ski routes or not? I am guessing they may be next to useless for tracking ski routes next year. I cant see any detail of what is on offer so I wont instantly buy.
Any ideas?
Andreas65muc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Austrian maps. Any good for ski routes? Reply with quote

themib wrote:

has anyone seen the detail in these maps, toppo, ski routes or not? I am guessing they may be next to useless for tracking ski routes next year. I cant see any detail of what is on offer so I wont instantly buy.
Any ideas?

First:Sorry for my bad english! 'Very Happy' I gess that you are willing to go an a "crosscounty skiing trip" in the alps!?If the area is a part of the "new" DAV MAP of the alps in scale 1:25.000 that whoud be the best for your trip to use!But not every part of austria is covert!!!Look out!It makes a big difference to use the 1:25.000 or the 1:50.000 map (in paper too!!) in the Wintertime!Because you see no markes on the floor and the track itself you cant see becouse of the snow!Any questions left?Greetings from Munich .... about 70 miles from the "Zugspitze"!

up to just the 1:50.000 !! you see at:

http://www.austrianmap.at

it is the best Map what you can get for free in the WWW for Austria!But not for use with the Satmap! Rolling Eyes
themib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I am guessing the Maps will be pointless, a skimap would be awesome with lifts and as this is unlikely I will take the unit and see how it goes!
Off to Soll.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: