Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Post v1.400
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Post v1.400
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Satmap Wishlist - Post v1.400 Reply with quote

With the arrival of v1.400, the previous wishlist is now out of date.

For new suggestions, corrections to issues still present etc to be included in the next update please post in this thread.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am pleased and impressed with Satmap's latest upgrade of the software there is one feature g they have removed that I would like to put in a strong plea to have returned.

On the earlier software I could show or hide whole categories of POI icons. Now I have to make this choice for each individual icon. I have hundreds of Hill Forts in one category and hundreds of Castles in another. Sometimes I want to look for one thing other times the other. Please would Satmap bring this ability back!

It would also be very nice if they allowed the view/hide feature to be carried across unit restarts which was not the case before. And if I am being greedy could I change all the icons associated with a category in one go. Currently as they were all set up under the old software they all look the same. Now I can have custom Icons (great) but again I do not want to have to go in and change each one.

My fingers are crossed.
Satsync 1.525
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
...... And if I am being greedy could I change all the icons associated with a category in one go. Currently as they were all set up under the old software they all look the same. Now I can have custom Icons (great) but again I do not want to have to go in and change each one.

My fingers are crossed.

LostMike, sent you a PM - contact me.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbo10 wrote:
LostMike wrote:
...... And if I am being greedy could I change all the icons associated with a category in one go. Currently as they were all set up under the old software they all look the same. Now I can have custom Icons (great) but again I do not want to have to go in and change each one.

My fingers are crossed.

LostMike, sent you a PM - contact me.

Solution posted here
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am generally very pleased with the new software. However I would like to see a few further improvements:

I love the hibernate option, though at power off, I would like the option to hibernate or power down completely, irrespective of settings.

I suggest a percentage indicator for the battery like on a windows PDA. This may only work with the lipol battery pack, and the user may have to select battery type in settings. The charge indicator still does not show when fully charged, but 100% indicator would clarify this.

Testing the device in my window sill or in the garden I get an accuracy of between 2 and 5 metres. However, after a couple of hours, the A10 claims I have covered 4km. This is close to real life moving speed in some hilly conditions. I would like to see a solution to this problem, though I must confess, I don't know what. Advanced power reduces this drift, and I think 4 second update is sufficient for walking, but this option also disables other useful features. A user selectable update speed (1,2,4,10 seconds) may provide a solution.
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better way of showing a route. The current thick orange line obscures map detail and is particularly irritating on 1:25K maps. Either a thinner, more transparent line, or an option on one of the buttons to momentarily hide it.
Physicist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can we have the option to have the maps scale bar - currently only visible while zooming - visible on the map page at all times.
Physicist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can we have the option to have the maps scale bar - currently only visible while zooming - visible on the map page at all times.
JamesBC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: On/Off button to switch off screen during charge Reply with quote

One facility that I miss in the latest software is the ability to use the on/off button to turn off only the screen if the unit is plugged in for charging.

Probably this is useful only to users who have the screen set to "Always On" in the Power Save features.

It is a nusiance to have to make a change in Settings every time that the Satmap is put on charge.

James
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One facility that I miss in the latest software is the ability to use the on/off button to turn off only the screen if the unit is plugged in for charging.

It does turn off while charging. I think it actually now goes into hibernation.

I have mine set to 2 hours hibernation time out, but after charging overnight, it is still in hibernation.
JamesBC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:

It does turn off while charging. I think it actually now goes into hibernation.

I have mine set to 2 hours hibernation time out, but after charging overnight, it is still in hibernation.

If the display is set to "Always On", does that mean that the display stays on for the first 2 hours until hibernation clicks in ?

James
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUOTE: "If the display is set to "Always On", does that mean that the display stays on for the first 2 hours until hibernation clicks in ? "

The option is a litlle confusing.

What happens is that at turn off, the device goes into hibernation for the selected time, before turning off completely.

It seems that the 'time out' is extended while charging.

If you switch it on during hibernation, it starts imediately.
JamesBC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 4ndynorfolk - that sounds OK

James
bluewomble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One small feature which would be nice to have and still looks like it's missing is the ability to set the length units used for distance and height separately.

I still use miles to measure distances because that's what road signs use. Apart from that, I mostly think in metric, so would like to see elevation, height gain / loss, etc. displayed in metres rather than feet.

As it is, I have to use the unit in 'Imperial' mode to get the distances correct, then have to keep dividing the heights by 3 to get them in metres...
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Ability to move POIs between folders Reply with quote

Facility to move POIs between folders would be high on my request list (native or via SatSync), along with a bugfix/reinstatement of the street names option in Settings.

The POI handling is still very clunky and non-intuitive, copying a folder is the only way to create a new folder? hmmm...

Still a wonderful device despite the nitpicks Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: