Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPS Safety Cams for Copilot 8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPS Safety Cams for Copilot 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The-Joker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: PocketGPS Safety Cams for Copilot 8 Reply with quote

I just got copilot 8 for my HD2 and followed the instructions, and they don't seem to be there...

I done the following...

1) Copied all .csv and .png files to /Storagecard/copilot/save
2) I then started copilot, but it didn't say it was updating poi's
3) I then deleted the "safetycams" folder which is said to be ALK's own database.

I now don't have safety cams in my list of pois?, am I supposed to have one called pgpsw* something or other??? Crying or Very sad Question
The-Joker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the bit I don't get....

"Copy all the .csv and .png files from the download to the folder from 'part 2'"

What is the "part 2" bit referring too....

Anyway, I've meneged to reinstall the ALK ones now... just can't follow the install instructions.... anyone out there help?
Wildoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works for me on Touch Pro 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5:

1) Download database file making sure that it is CoPilot 8 format.

2) Unzip this file and:

3) Copy all the .csv and .png files within it to \Storagecard\COPILOT\save

4) Start CoPilot 8 and should say integrating.

Make sure that you have not put in the other 'save' folder mentioned in the 'Updating Section' (accessed via folder EU) - this is where you will find the safety camera folders AFTER they have been successfully integrated.

Good Luck

W
The-Joker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I done Wildoat, but to no avail. The instructions mention some other folders being created with a similar name to the poi file, when you "install" the database, but copying a few files isn't really an install thats gonna creat other files.

So I guess the question remains, how do you install any custome poi in .csv format to copliot 8 to winmo 6.5?
Wildoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After putting the files in the folder successfully and you start CoPilot it should integrate the POI's and says so as it does it - after that is complete the folders mentioned later in the instructions are created (and have to be deleted before repeating the process when you want to update with the latest database file).

W
The-Joker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried all that, even coverting them to ov2 files, nothing works, however, reading on this forum there seems to be something wrong with importing file on copilot 8, so I guess I'll have to wait for some support Crying or Very sad
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They completly broke POI inport on Android and iPhone versions and have (partially) fixed it with later updates. I didn't think this problem had been introduced to the WinMob version however.
Wildoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me on WinMob 6.5 on Touch Pro 2. Very Happy
casanach
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Co_Pilot live 8 iPhone Speed Cams Reply with quote

Hi

Works for me, at long last, see more details of my initial attempts on a post on a previous topic "Custom POI" by casanach.

For | read backslash.

I was then left wondering how you update the Cameras every week. Seems the best policy is to d/l as a single file in CSV format. Ironically you get two files, these can be integrated with cut and paste in excel. Tip is to save with meaningful name so you can keep track of where you are. I used PGPSW091204 for my first update, number relates to date obviously.

The original file will have been deleted from |Save and put in |save|User_Places|-sub-folder name- after the previous installation. Now you need to delete this entire folder. eg last time it was PGPSW091128 (or whatever you called it).

Then copy the current file -PGPSW091204.CSV- to the |Save folder. This is the one above User_Folders.

Once it has copied, fire up Co-Pilot and it should integrate the new Cameras. I suggest putting into a custom folder on the device, it seems automatically to enable the display of the new folder but not to switch on the alerts! Not really as complicated as it sounds and becomes automatic after a few goes.

Any POIs in CSV format can be added, if not safety cameras makes sure you check NO when it asks you if you are importing Safety Cams.

Any problems please ask and I will try to answer. Bad news is it only works on J/b iPhones at present.

If you are looking for the utility to do the file transferring suggest you Google DiskAid and FileApp (xFileAid) from digidna.com They have resolved a spat with Apple and are offering existing customers including those who get of the mark NOW "effectively" to downgrade to a new version which will work via a USB cable. If you know anything about data transfer and iPhone policy you will realise the significance of this. Once the iPhone app is released you will not be able to downgrade and the iStore will revert to the approved policy of WiFi connection only. Check it out , this is significant, when the door is shut they intend throwing away the key:(

casanach
stuart206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you are still looking for a solution but there is an upgrade for copilot 8 on the HD2 which makes all this work as it should.

The update is available at http://www.alk.com/htc/uk

Don't have to worry about hyphens or anything else. In fact the standard TT files will integrate directly, no need for csv/png files.

The only gripe I have with copilot is that you can't apply the ogg files for the warnings to each type! Otherwise it all appears to work Ok.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuart206 wrote:
Don't have to worry about hyphens or anything else. In fact the standard TT files will integrate directly, no need for csv/png files.

the tomtom ov2 files WILL work BUT you should bear in mind that they do not contain the directional data. the only way to get the directional warnings is to use the csv version.

MaFt
oo03sjw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Disappointed following switch from TT. Reply with quote

Hi, Having been a long time user of TT, I have changed to CP8 as I changed my phone to a HTC Snap. I have been using the PocketGPS 'consolidated by type' csv file, but I find that it is no where near as accurate as the OV2 files which I have always found reliable.

Is there anything I can do to improve the situation? have I missing something?

I read that the OV2 file will work but without directional, is this an option?

Great work and has been for many years.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: