Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom add support for iPod Touch and iPhone 2G
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom add support for iPod Touch and iPhone 2G
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T INSTALL V1.2 UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK THE APP CRASHING AND STOP WORKING ALTOGETHER!!

See iTunes App Store for users comments and the official TomTom reply.

They say it only affects a small number of users but then again they all say that don't they?

They also recommend uninstalling the app before updating it but then warn that doing this will lose any settings, preferences and locations!

Still no way to add Custom POI either?

Still having to use my iPAQ (stuck at v5 with no option to upgrade maps) to find my way to 1260 McDonald's Restaurants for work...

For God's sake DumDum pull your finger out...it takes a long time to download and and even longer to install a 1.60GB update only to find you are unable to use the application afterwards.

Glad I took the time to read the comments before I took the update as I am off on a 1000 mile+ business trip this weekend...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
homersolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know that this car kit is now avaibale to purchase on the TomTom website.

Kevo
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the spec for the iPOD Touch TT Car Kit it would suit me better than the full blown car kit as I don't need or use the car kit Bluetooth capability as I prefer to have the playback through my own car kit.

Anyone with an iPhone, iO-Play and needs a car kit for the improved GPS reception would be better off purchasing the lessor equiped car kit and saving some cash while they are at it - Mike
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the iPhone won't fit in the Touch car kit afaik.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the more recent iPod Touch models have bluetooth capabilities, why do we have to buy a cradle? Why can't they simply make the bluetooth work with BT GPS receivers? I'm sure many of us have old GPS receivers kicking around the house, begging to be brought back into service.

I had this functionality 5 years ago on my Palm Tungsten T3. I fail to understand why Apple are unwilling/unable to allow it on the Touch...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: