Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Forum Management - Unable to Act Fairly or Objectively
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Management - Unable to Act Fairly or Objectively

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Forum Management - Unable to Act Fairly or Objectively Reply with quote

So my personal data is misused by moderator Dennis to attempt to threaten to reveal my real world identity in a forum thread and then any attempt to reveal that behaviour by Dennis and the hiding of the thread in which that happened is in turn stifled.

Do I have to report the misuse of my personal data by this website to the Information Commissioner to stop it from continuing to behave in this quite outrageous fashion?

Last edited by Capvermell on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Management - Unable to Act Fairly or Objectively Reply with quote

Capvermell wrote:
Forum Management - Unable to Act Fairly or Objectively

There is no evidence that "the Management" are aware of your complaint. Given that it is late Sunday night/Monday morning, that's not entirely surprising!
Capvermell wrote:
Do I have to report the misuse of my personal data by this website to the Information Commissioner to stop it from continuing to behave in this quite outrageous fashion?
I haven't seen DennisN or anyone else "continue to misuse your personal data".

Maybe it would be best to wait for an official reply from the Management Team before posting further on this topic?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Management - Unable to Act Fairly or Objectively Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
There is no evidence that "the Management" are aware of your complaint. Given that it is late Sunday night/Monday morning, that's not entirely surprising!

Maybe it would be best to wait for an official reply from the Management Team before posting further on this topic?

My concern was that Dennis clearly acted unfairly and unreasonably but the first instinct of those other forum moderators who responded to my complaint was simply to back Dennis up without properly investigating what had taken place.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capvermell this matter has been noted and is currently under investigation.

As you can understand this has taken place late at night on a Sunday. We will be reviewing this and taking appropriate action during the day on Monday. We will inform you of the outcome.

Please be patient and allow us a chance to review events and collect information from all the parties involved.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious......

Has the issue been resolved? And, if so, with what resolution? It's been a while now.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes resolved and those parties involved have been contacted. We found no evidence to indicate any impropriety on our part nor any improper use of or access to personal information.

In actual fact Moderators have no access to personal information other than that provided by members for public viewing.

However we have addressed the issue of moderators becoming embroiled in arguments but I see no benefit in apportioning blame at any party.

The other complaint concerned our speed of response. Given this occurred very late on a Sunday evening I think we reacted as quickly as could be expected.

The matter is now concluded.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Darren.
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Yes resolved and those parties involved have been contacted. We found no evidence to indicate any impropriety on our part nor any improper use of or access to personal information.

It was not resolved to my satisfaction and I continue to maintain the moderator in question started virtually the whole problem by scorning the worth of accurate fuel price data or the need for addition of petrol station opening hours data on TomTom's database just because he would have no personal use for such for information.

Quote:
In actual fact Moderators have no access to personal information other than that provided by members for public viewing.

This is a lie as one of your own moderators told me by PM they can all see our actual email addresses whereas forum members cannot. Using my email address you can very easily Google my real world identity and then look up the recent speeding case involving the 65mph in 50mph. It was claimed I had disclosed this data in the forum thread but since the thread had been taken off the forum there was no way for me to check.

Quote:
However we have addressed the issue of moderators becoming embroiled in arguments but I see no benefit in apportioning blame at any party.

Well at least some progress has been made then, although to be honest I don't think the moderator in question is at all typical of the other people who moderate the forum. I can't see any of your other other moderators ever having triggered this unfortunate exchange of posts in the way that occurred.

Quote:
The other complaint concerned our speed of response. Given this occurred very late on a Sunday evening I think we reacted as quickly as could be expected.

I don't really have an issue on that front. It was just that at the time I was very upset about DennisN's comments but clearly that late on a Sunday night not many other people were going to be online to look in to the problem.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of your personal opinions, your allegation that personal information was abused was not proven.

I'm not going to debate this further, we have given you our response by email.

If you are not happy with our response then that is your prerogative but please desist from further discussion on this subject. You have had your say, we have responded.

The matter is now closed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: