Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK Support......What next??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK Support......What next??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: ALK Support......What next?? Reply with quote

ALK's support has always been difficult to fathom but now (for me anyway) it is impossible. Perhaps instead of investing all of their time in hiding everything in facebook and twitter they devoted it in releasing a much needed update to CPL8 or to giving back the Traffic updates they stole or even answering the questions/bugs I've submitted I may have looked upon the new format more favourably.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel let down by the way they are treating their customer base?

Phil
Drift
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its very frustrating and they stated the Qwerty update was to be September, still nothing.

Gone for simples and now have TomTom One V3 1gig
Memory Map V5 on laptop and GPS.
I couldnt get on with Copilot V8
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to fathom what they are thinking these days. With product releases that are a step backwards in terms of features with little or no explanation it is hard to defend them.

CoPilot is so nearly a superb solution, if they could resolve the appalling routing issues it could be a winner.

When CP8 first appeared on iPhone I was quick to praise it but I'm afraid as a company they seem hell bent on driving their loyal customer base to the competition.
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it's not just me, I agree with the comments on first impressions, when I first installed CPL8 I thought wow this is good but it wasn't long before I started to find the bugs which I duly reported only to have them closed without comment and as for Traffic or the lack of it...........well!

Today I bought Tom Tom Navigator 7 for use on my PDA, I'll miss the ability to use Live, not that I used it much but there are times when it comes in handy, maybe I'll keep both and use CPL8 when it suits.
shuikit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just looked now and the two questions I raised, one about not being able to import custom POI properly and one about CoPilot crashes have apparently been "solved" and are now closed dispite the fact that they've not done anything with them other than ask me which version of CoPilot I was running!

Is this what they call support??!
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Routing or mis-routing? Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It's difficult to fathom what they are thinking these days. With product releases that are a step backwards in terms of features with little or no explanation it is hard to defend them.

CoPilot is so nearly a superb solution, if they could resolve the appalling routing issues it could be a winner.

When CP8 first appeared on iPhone I was quick to praise it but I'm afraid as a company they seem hell bent on driving their loyal customer base to the competition.

Don't you mean mis-routing? Wink
I have got the trial with my new HD2 and I would love to get away from TT, but this is not the solution.
On foot, it goes away from the destination and gives an extra 300yards crossing a main road and back, on a 1.3 mile journey. It does not know about a footpath alongside a main road, or a dedicated footpath into town.
By car, it is an extra 5 miles and 5 minutes on a different 8 mile journey. I know the 8 miles is quicker.
Do they have the sections of road tagged wrongly Question On the face of it, CPL is so much more adaptable, as you can define a custom routing of speeds over various types of road. BUT you cannot see what type any particular road is, so you cannot give them feedback.
Such a shame. I really prefer their map displays over TT, though their data display is minimal at best. Only 2 options at any one time.
My old CPL6 was a better product than CPL8, though I wasted my money on it because i had to stop using it because its routing was poor.
Oh well, TTN8 it is then... Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: