Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pioneer AVIC-F500BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pioneer AVIC-F500BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Never_knowingly_overtaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Pioneer AVIC-F500BT Reply with quote

Does anyone know whether any of Pocket GPS file formats are suitable for use with the above system? I'm due to pick up my new car soon with this system pre-fitted.

Many Thanks
Chris
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer AVIC-F500BT Reply with quote

Never_knowingly_overtaken wrote:
Does anyone know whether any of Pocket GPS file formats are suitable for use with the above system? I'm due to pick up my new car soon with this system pre-fitted.

Many Thanks
Chris
What does the manual say about loading POI's? I had a look at the manual for a different model (x11?) a while back and, from memory, you didn't get audio alerts. If this is a new model, maybe it has new facilities?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jock. Thanks for your reply. To be honest I don't know how the system works, and I won't get a manual until tomorrow.

I know that Pioneer give you the first year's worth of speed camera data free and that the data is updatable via PC. I don't know the source for that data though.

It would be nice (and convenient) to continue with Pocket GPS camera downloads, but I have been told that I risk corrupting the SatNav's functionality if I load incompatible files - hence my original question.
Chris
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jock. Thanks for your reply. To be honest I don't know how the system works, and I won't get a manual until tomorrow.
I've done a bit of investigation for you. You can have custom POI files on an external USB/SD card. You can create/convert POI files using AVIC feeds. I can't tell if it will give you an audible warnings.
I know that Pioneer give you the first year's worth of speed camera data free and that the data is updatable via PC. I don't know the source for that data though.
Are you sure? I definitely can't see any mention of that on the Pioneer web site. If that is the case, then it MAY be possible, providing that their camera system gives audible warnings, to create files from the PGPSW files, that will also give audible warnings.
It would be nice (and convenient) to continue with Pocket GPS camera downloads, but I have been told that I risk corrupting the SatNav's functionality if I load incompatible files - hence my original question.Chris
I'd be surprised if files that you created/converted using their software would corrupt the system. But having said that, it's your system, proceed with caution!!

Needless to say, if you do get it working, please post a set of instructions for other users.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock, Many thanks for your work on this. Much appreciated.

Yes POI can definitely be loaded via USB or SD card - but as you say I don't know if these give audible warnings.

Regarding the Free Year's subscription. I don't know if this is a Pioneer thing, or just a special offer from the retailer, but I'm definitely getting it. As the dealer is very clued up on most things to do with SatNavs I was a bit surprised he didn't know much about the updates.

However, once I get the car tomorrow and have a good look at the system, I'll put a post on the Forum. Many thanks once again
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: