Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400) Reply with quote

What would you like to see in future firmware updates? And what niggles would you like fixing?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I asked about them about today is my only prime niggle with the device:

If you are in Map mode and catch the cursor control it switches instantly to planning mode irrespective of the single or double click options in settings, the cursor is exempt from this setting. I find this a real pain in use when putting the unit back in the belt clip unless I wait for the power to go off first. A single depression of the cursor control should be needed to switch to planning mode, any other movement up/down/left/right should be ignored unless the depression of the cursor switches the device mode to planning.

Single SD card (SDHC might be possible) to contain multiple maps - i.e. if you purchase four or five maps why have to switch them by removal/ replacement of the memory card, the whole lot (within reason) should be available on a single card - this should be possible from what they said earlier today though - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to start a thread like this. Idea

From my own point of view....bearing in mind mine is always attahed to the handlebars I think it's pretty much 99% right now.....except for the multi media POI aspect which I'm not sure I'd use much anyway.

However I would like to see a configurable light button.....if it can be used to switch the screen to 100% it could be made to toggle between two levels which you set yourself....for me that would be 70% and 20% for later in my rides when it gets dark.....it could also be used to turn it on and off whenever you want.

I'd also like to see the circle around the 'you are here' marker turn offable.
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the people at Satmap HQ will read all the wishes and take them into account. Im looking forward to the audio visual aspect of the poi's and also to sat imagery, but what I really want is the pointy arrow to point at the geocache im trying to find. Its a little random and i have to take my little garmin forerunner along which generally points me to within 5 feet. Im getting much happier about the whole Satmap situation though.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...I'll be emailing my ideas to them like presumably others are.
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
From my own point of view....bearing in mind mine is always attached to the handlebars I think it's pretty much 99% right now.....except for the multi media POI aspect which I'm not sure I'd use much anyway. However I would like to see a configurable light button.....if it can be used to switch the screen to 100% it could be made to toggle between two levels which you set yourself....for me that would be 70% and 20% for later in my rides when it gets dark.....it could also be used to turn it on and off whenever you want. I'd also like to see the circle around the 'you are here' marker turn offable.
I agree. Mine's mostly on the handlebars. The multimedia POI feature seems pointless to me - more battery drain - but I guess there are users out there who want this feature (?) I also think the you are here circle is unnecessary and obscures the map - we now have the blue dot to see where we are. We still can't tell instantly which way we're going (if retracing a breadcrumb trail) but it's a start. Big bugbear for me is (according to the manual) having to be limited to 80% backlight if the 4 second powersave option is selected. Why for heaven's sake? In good sunlight, anything less than 100% backlight and I can't see the screen clearly on the bike. So I have to do without the 4 second powersave option when all I've ever wanted out of the new release is BATTERY LIFE!
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest niggle now is the 5km snail-trail the A10 always produces when switched on from cold. No other GPS unit I've ever had does this, so surely it can't be that hard to fix!?

Also, despite my earlier cocky claims that I've had no problems recharging the LiPol, it let me down last week: I thought it was fully charged, went away for a couple of days and when I turned it on for the first time, it died instantly! Result: no gps for the whole trip. Not good.Sad So it would be nice if a future update not only fixed the battery indicator to show the true status of the charge remaining in the LiPol, but also bring up on-screen messages (like my iPod does) saying things like "Charging" and "Charging Complete" - i.e. positive confirmation that the unit is charging the battery when the power adaptor is plugged in, and notification when the battery is "full".
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at page 46 of the new Full User Guide para 9.08 says it is planned to remove this "spike" in a future software update
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they will "emmended" the manual when this takes place then, (para 2,2) - I gave up reading after page 9 to be honest it appears very much a "work in progress" to me - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see options for different 'trails' rather than be stuck with the blobs which I personally dislike.

I'd also like an on-screen GoTo Arrow pointing towards the next waypoint and I also like the bearing indication that Memory-Map offers.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

I'd also like an on-screen GoTo Arrow pointing towards the next waypoint .

I've got a yellow line pointing to the next waypoint on mine!! Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
I've got a yellow line pointing to the next waypoint on mine!! Laughing

Have I missed a feature somewhere or is this a joke that's gone over my head?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Active route the lines between the way points are yellow on the screen as an overlay, it not quite the same as the director arrow and if you wander too far off route it is easy to have just map displayed with the yellow line being off to the side - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, yes I'm aware of that but that is not what I'm after.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else I'd like, a QWERTY keyboard option.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: