Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lifetime membership lottery?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lifetime membership lottery?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3-cyl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Lifetime membership lottery? Reply with quote

Is the lifetime membership a lottery, because I've submitted loads and still haven't been awarded it?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its not.
The rules are simple, you have to be the FIRST to spot a camera.
When you go to the submission map to make your report, you only see the confirmed camera locations, NOT other people's reports.

When a new camera is installed, there will often be dozens of reports within hours, so once the location has been confirmed, only the first reporter gets the lifetime reward.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3-cyl,

We published the following on our new support page last night to help folks better understand the process.

Quote:
We're afraid we can't comment on individual submissions as checking takes an inordinate amount of time and we'd have no time to do other work (there are only four of us). But don't worry, if your camera report is the first, and passes verification, you'll automatically get upgraded. We have a very efficient automated system which is double-checked manually and meticulously by our database manager.

Please see verification criteria here where you'll also see links to threads which have all discussed the question of our Lifetime Subscriber awards. Please read them to get a feel of how the process has been discussed in the past.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules and criteria are both simple and crystal clear.

Those who qualify, gain the award as witnessed by all the 'Lifetime Member' ranked posters in these forums and the list of awardees posted each week.

But there is NO guarantee that submitting a camera will get you the award because it is the FIRST submission that will win it.

With a large subscriber base we get many hundreds of reports each week. For a new camera we can get dozens of reports so the key is to keep trying and keep reporting.

As many others have found (plenty of examples in posts here), patience is the key, keep trying and you will eventually succeed.

But there is no con.
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Lifetime membership lottery? Reply with quote

3-cyl wrote:
Is the lifetime membership a lottery, because I've submitted loads and still haven't been awarded it?

So basically what they are trying to say is......

Either......

You werent the first to submit the cameras

Or.......

You werent very accurate

Or

Both of the above

Either way keep trying and one day you may be succesful Wink
jc50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch it works, so its the age old saying "right place right time"
just keep on submitting.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifetime membership lottery? Reply with quote

Quote:
Either way keep trying and one day you may be succesful

I agree keep trying and don't rely on getting a lifer each and every time you submit a camera location trust me it will only drive you nuts. I got mine when I least expected it. So don't be dishearted keep sumitting and who knows one day soon perhaps?
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
SteveJay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way 3-cyl is to move abroad. I got "lifer" status within a couple of weeks of subscribing and submitting three camera changes and one new one spotted on a trip from the South of France to Northern Spain. There are not so many spotters overseas. But it is a really good thing to have even if you have to pay.

The main problem here is that the Police are allowed to hide in the bushes with their hand held's. Especially on Sundays when they can be seen on many cross roads where the limit suddenly drops to 70kph.
Keep trying.
Regards,
Steve
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when we submitted a video to ITV for you've been framed we were told once submitted to just forget about it and if it gets shortlisted we will find out.

it has since been shortlisted (pVideo Wink) and we were, again, told to 'just forget about it' - if it is successful we will get our £250 reward.

there's an analogy in there if you look not very hard Very Happy

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveJay wrote:
The main problem here is that the Police are allowed to hide in the bushes with their hand held's.

I KNOW there's nothing funny about that really, but it still sounds rude. Very Happy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
SteveJay wrote:
The main problem here is that the Police are allowed to hide in the bushes with their hand held's.

I KNOW there's nothing funny about that really, but it still sounds rude. Very Happy

Would have sounded even funnier if the last two words were 'hands held' Very Happy
wireplay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: thanks PGPSW! Reply with quote

If it's a lottery, I think I am gonna put all my savings on the real lottery this weekend!

I must have been lucky as I submitted 1 new camera and 2 speed camera changes the other day and these are the first I have ever submitted - and I must have been the first person! I have just never spotted any before hand!

Thanks PGPSW - been paying for about 3-4 years now, so this lifetime membership rocks! I will be even more active now in submitting new cameras when I see them, just to add to the community :-)

Your subscription will expire in:
20 years, 138 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes, 3 seconds

:-)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any statistics on how frequently this question comes up?

I seem to remember a year or two ago compiling a list of links to post in answer to it - links to previously asked questions to save us posting the same old hackneyed replies.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: thanks PGPSW! Reply with quote

wireplay wrote:
Thanks PGPSW - been paying for about 3-4 years now, so this lifetime membership rocks!

that's alright for you, saves you some money.... but every time i give out a lifetime membership i get docked £120 Crying or Very sad

well done by they way, and keep up the submissions Very Happy

MaFt
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks PGPSW! Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
that's alright for you, saves you some money.... but every time i give out a lifetime membership i get docked £120 Crying or Very sad

I don't know what you're complaining about MaFt. Even over the initial 20 years the free lifetime membership is worth £399.80, so you're still leaving PGPSW £279.80 out of pocket! Maybe Admin should reconsider how much they dock?

I'll get my coat! Out of here
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: