Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Nuvi should i buy?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Nuvi should i buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevo2k7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Which Nuvi should i buy? Reply with quote

im about to buy a second hand Nuvi off ebay and im willing to pay around the £60 mark,i was just wondering which one has the best speed cam alerts for when i subscribe to pocketgps yearly service? or are all Nuvi's the same when it comes to speed alerts? im a newbie when it comes to all this but just know after a bit of research that Garmin is the brand for me. Cheers Kev
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all work the same way for speed camera alerts (as far as I know).

Alan
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very disappointed with the nuvi 760. Very slow screen and not as responsive as my old 350.
It caused me many times to loose turns because of lag.
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Which Nuvi should i buy? Reply with quote

Kevo2k7 wrote:
Or are all Nuvi's the same when it comes to speed alerts?

The main difference that springs to my mind, concerns associating Custom Audio with the alerts ... ie rather than just a "bong", you can have a spoken or other warning.

Garmin say that this can only be done with the units that have MP3 player support - which would rule out the Nüvi 2xx series. However, it has proved possible to use .WAV Custom Audio with these units - though Garmin have never acknowledged this (a little manual setup is required, to get it to work).
Presumably, because it is undocumented, Garmin could withdraw this support in future firmware/software releases...
Kevo2k7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys thanks for the info,ive been chasing a nuvi 205w on ebay but lastnite i discovered the Nuvi 1310 and the street names and lane guidance have made me chase that now Laughing Out Loud, yeah fair enough im gonna be paying around the £90 on Ebay for it but it is something that i feel will be money well spent,will let you know when i manage to get my hands on one and how much i got it for. cheers guys
Kevo2k7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to buy a Nuvi1310 yesterday for £68 with £8 postage so £76 which im chuffed with,although a few hours later the same guy sold another 1310 for £56 with £8 postage,so could of saved myself £12 if i had waited but who is to know,that is the name of the game i guess! Should be here tomorrow so im looking forward to that and driving with peace of mind that speed cameras arent hiding up a tree etc Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: