Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do i prove i was not speeding
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i prove i was not speeding
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david1949
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: How do i prove i was not speeding Reply with quote

How would i go about proving i was not speeding a police officer with a hand held camera said he clocked me doing 42 in a 30 M P H zone.
I showed him my G P S was on and it gave me on indication i was over the speed limit also my car speed limit buzzer was on and also gave me no indication i was over the speed. I also had checked my speedo about 3 min and i was sitting right on the 30 M P H. at this point I ask if he had
calibrated his camera right and at this point all hell broke lose now i don't want to go into detail but i was glad to drive away from him a rail mad nan.

AS this is my first time stopped for so called speeding in 27 years so how do i go about proving he is wrong . He lost the head with me because i changled his authority he was the law and he was right so hoping one out there could give me some advice please.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you were recording the GPS data in your car there is very little you can do, even with recorded data you would have to go to court and present/ challenge the Police evidence - not easy - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visit www.pepipoo.com , it's a forum set up to help drivers challenge all manner of offences from parking upwards.

There are also guys there withe legal expertise who can advise you what (if any) options you have.

But DO join their forum and post what happened. Tell 'em we sent you.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were genuinely doing only 30 then the most likely reason for his "42" is that he was not aiming the device correctly and he was clocking another vehicle, perhaps one going the other way.

Sal
david1949
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
If you were genuinely doing only 30 then the most likely reason for his "42" is that he was not aiming the device correctly and he was clocking another vehicle, perhaps one going the other way.

I still have to prove that i was not speeding i have now made a appointment for Friday next week to have C C T V fitted to my motorhome
this will record TIME+SPEED+ DAY+DATE just the same as the police have
i have checked this out as how it wood stand up in court. Was told as soon as i handed the tape into the court along with my service record for the C C T V service to carried out every 3 months the courts would except it. Piece £ 1 900 fitted worth it for pace of mind
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1900!!! Have you seen this?

The data from this is encoded in a proprietary format that cannot be tampered with and would be admissible in court. It records location, speed and other data with video for under £300. You could fit yourself or have an auto-electrician do it for you for less than £50.

I've been reviewing it and it is good, I'm very impressed, so much so that I will be buying one.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david1949 wrote:

I still have to prove that i was not speeding i have now made a appointment for Friday next week to have C C T V fitted to my motorhome

Unless I'm missing something, this isn't going to help with your CURRENT speeding ticket is it?
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, this isn't going to help with your CURRENT speeding ticket is it?

It might, if he accidentally sets the wrong date on the system. Wink
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcaouolte wrote:
Andy_P wrote:

It might, if he accidentally sets the wrong date on the system. Wink

If he wants to use it as evidence then surely the date and time stamp should be tamper proof.. Wink
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone will have to set the date on a new system. Laughing

However, I suspect that a long stay in her majestys free accomodation would be the result of trying a stunt like that. Sad
david1949
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcaouolte wrote:
Someone will have to set the date on a new system. Laughing

However, I suspect that a long stay in her majestys free accomodation would be the result of trying a stunt like that. Sad

It is tamper prove it records onto a hardrivie it is sealed and it holds up to 5000 hours of data this can only be downloaded by police or installer it is a sealed unit. Also i have lodged a complaint Against the police officer also
the officer was not waring a reflective jacket he may have been in a white shirt but that does not count the law says he must be visible at all times . I have seen a solicitor and i am taking it the hole way and i shall be looking for composition and my solicitor says i will get it . I had the good sense to get my friend that was with me to take notes and wait for it the officer was so wound up that he signed my notes at the end he put his foot in it. All i done was keep cam and stand my ground with him. He was young and not used to someone talking back at one point he was going to arrest me but when i asked him for a copy of Pace he told me he does not carry a copy i then asked him to radio his station and have one sent out to him so that was the end he sent me on my way but it is not over with me i will have my day in court.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see how this installing this unit now will help you in retrospect.

I think the only possible defence would be if there was no calibration certificate for the gun, but let us know how you get on in court.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I guess if YOU really KNOW the PC's reading was wrong at the TIME he took it, you can ask for the calibration certificate to be produced in court. If that's out of date (I assume it's a periodic test), or it's dated since the alleged offence you might sow some doubt.

Also, as you are pleading NG then I'm sure you can see the police evidence - is it a photo showing YOUR VRN and the recorded speed (Don't know if Tommo99 or another 'knowledgeable' can say what it is)?

But I would have thought that if the gun seems ok (and it would presumably be pretty difficult to detect for sure which gun was used if the PC's memory was playing him up Confused and a different gun/certificate was produced) then surely the court will have to side with the law enforcement people.

Have you tried Darren's suggestion of pepipoo?
david1949
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Yes, I guess if YOU really KNOW the PC's reading was wrong at the TIME he took it, you can ask for the calibration certificate to be produced in court. If that's out of date (I assume it's a periodic test), or it's dated since the alleged offence you might sow some doubt.

Also, as you are pleading NG then I'm sure you can see the police evidence - is it a photo showing YOUR VRN and the recorded speed (Don't know if Tommo99 or another 'knowledgeable' can say what it is)?

But I would have thought that if the gun seems ok (and it would presumably be pretty difficult to detect for sure which gun was used if the PC's memory was playing him up Confused and a different gun/certificate was produced) then surely the court will have to side with the law enforcement people.

Have you tried Darren's suggestion of pepipoo?
A lot has changed from my first post my solicitor has assured me that i wont be done for speeding he also tells me that the police will do all they can to get me to drop my case against the Police officer I was in the right and i wont be put off i got a very strong case and as i said before i will have my day in court the police are not above the law. I would to thank everyone that posted help on this forum and gave advice
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a damn good solicitor ...... Stop it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: