Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Just been to Aldi and got the Medion, now how do I.....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Just been to Aldi and got the Medion, now how do I.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ixion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Just been to Aldi and got the Medion, now how do I..... Reply with quote

Been to Aldi and bought the Medion bundle for £269.99. Alrady tested the navigation software around my town and it works a treat. Being a PDA newbie I want to install POI Warner on to the PDA I have the software on my Desktop PC now how do I get it installed onto my PDA. Out of interest how do I install anything on the PDA, Gps add ons, MP3's etc?
Thanks
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for that particular program, but most Pocket PC software installs via ActiveSync. You need to have ActiveSync set up and the Pocket PC connected, then you run the installer program on your PC. At some point, it will pop up the ActiveSync Add/Remove Programs screen to install the software.

David
Flibb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have activesync on your pc. Just search for it in google. Downlaod and install. Then plug the pocketpc in to the usb port and hopefully the pc will see it and sync with it. Most software is installed to the PDA by running the .exe file on your pc with the pda plugged in to the usb port. This then installs the software to the PDA. Some stuff you copy from the PC directly to the pda and run it from there, you can normally see the pda as an additional drive in mycomputer on teh pc.
Scouser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Just been to Aldi and got the Medion, now how do I..... Reply with quote

ixion wrote:
Been to Aldi and bought the Medion bundle for £269.99. Alrady tested the navigation software around my town and it works a treat. Being a PDA newbie I want to install POI Warner on to the PDA I have the software on my Desktop PC now how do I get it installed onto my PDA. Out of interest how do I install anything on the PDA, Gps add ons, MP3's etc?
Thanks

As other users have mentioned you need ActiveSync which can be installed from the Windows Cd which came with your system. (The extra games are also on this cd).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: