Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - McGuider dead?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

McGuider dead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: McGuider dead? Reply with quote

I see that Expansys are now saying that McGuider is being dropped by TeleAtlas. Anyone able to shed more light on this?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first i've heard of that. perhaps tomtom / teleatlas don;t like the fact that more people bought mcguider instead of waiting for tomtom nav 7!

MaFt
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - like those of us on Symbian S50R3 and S60R5 (which does not support TT6) and with over 2 year old maps!

Bloody Disgrace!
G1LIW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
first i've heard of that. perhaps tomtom / teleatlas don;t like the fact that more people bought mcguider instead of waiting for tomtom nav 7!

MaFt

Then perhaps they shouldn't've shafted every bloody TomTom 6 PPC/SP user out here in the real world for the last two years? They've only got themselves to blame for that one, and a quick search of my posts will tell my opinions and the history of this more than adequately. Evil or Very Mad
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is yes McGuider is likely to be dropped by TA, I guess in favour of TT. All is not lost though as Sygic Mobile Maps should become available over here in the UK for WM and Symbian platforms.
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is 'Mobile Maps' and how does it fit in with the existing McGuider/SYgic products?

Can we expect any further development of McGuider? - e.g. bug fixes.

Roy
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile Maps is the Sygic branded version of Drive (AKA McGuider). MaFt has reviewed the 2009 version which is the same as the last bug fix for McGuider (7.71). The Sygic Mobile Maps Assistant is still actually the McGuider Assistant and all McGuider updates so far have been served by Sygic servers.

I have no idea whether anymore bug fixes will be released for McGuider now as I believe the team at Sygic are working on the 2010 version of the program (as well as the new Android version). If you have any bugs though it is worth making sure Sygic support are informed.
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince

I have reported two , what I would call, serious bugs to Sygic but have received no suggestion of an update. I reminded them and they said they are working on it - whatever that means.

I have to say that unless CPL8, whenever it comes, manages to improve the general level of PDA based navigation products I may be forced back to TT, much as it hurts me to say it.

Roy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: