Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real world test today 186 miles from west midlands to gatwick. Recalculated while on motorway a few times and was going well until near M25 junction fr M40 and lost signal for rest of the trip.

I also was running my GO720 and strangely they both show same number of miles to destination but Copilot arrival time was 25 mins later.

I'll put my hands up and say my iPhone was in the cup holder slightly under the stereo/dash. But it was fine for most of the journey. Any thoughts ?

Brodit passive (adjustable sides) in the post but I don't think I can retire the GO720 based on this mornings bad ending. Reminded me of my dell Axim and BT gps receiver losing signal.....that's going back a few years!
sooteee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Live Services Reply with quote

Anyone tried using the Live services yet? Specifically to reply to a received message?

I can log in to the site, track myself, send a message (with response options)to my iPhone, receive the message on said iPhone and reply by pressing one of the pre defined options and all works well.

If however I chose to ignore one of the pre defined options and just want to 'Reply' (with some words for instance) a screen appears with a keyboard but no text appears when typing and I can't get back out of the screen without closing the app.

Will someone else try it and see if it works for them please?

Log in using your CoPilot ID here: https://live.alk.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx and see if it works.

Thanx

S
zebsogo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have tried this before but thought i would give it a second try as requested.

I Still get the message "Log in with your existing CoPilot Live account
Invalid CoPilot ID or Password" I entered the email address and password that i used when i installed CP for the first time on my iphone but it does not recognize theses details at the website

epic_monkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
No problem with dimming here either. Are you using a charger and if so what make?

Hey Darren,
I'm using a XCarLink kit for my VW Bora. means I can charge while listening to music as well as being able to skip tracks etc from steering wheel controls.

On another note, anyone noticed the lane assist being incorrectly rendered. Mine does not resemble the road at all. I'll try take a screen shot next time it happens.
xpower180
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have been using Navigon since it was first released, and bought CoPilot recently, due to good reviews and a low,low price.

My experiences with both apps in live situations have shown that, although CoPilot does load much faster than Navigon, it does so at cost of reliable GPS Lock.
I can load CoPilot quickly and start a route, but find the speed is way off, and the maps aren't syncing with passing the actual road junctions.
After a couple of minutes CoPilot seems to 'catch up' with itself and is much more accurate.

I am using my iphone in a new Fiesta, with a Ford sync/charge cable. I have found that with regard to the screen-dimming that others have mentioned, this can happen if you use the vehicle's controls to control the music ie change tracks. The dimming (in my case) is caused by slight incompatibility with the dock cable.
If I start my iphone music before I launch either Nav app, the screen will stay bright (tested with both apps). An easy compromise is to select shuffle for your music first off.

Having used both apps mentioned here on several journeys, I have to say both do the job well, but my preference still lies with Navigon - just my personal opinion...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such issues witnessed here. Still ironing out some routing oddities but lock has been quick, reliable and faultless on CP with my 3GS.
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
No such issues witnessed here. Still ironing out some routing oddities but lock has been quick, reliable and faultless on CP with my 3GS.

So envious that some people are having good reliability with their iPhone GPS. A lot of people on Apple's forums are reporting unreliable GPS issues with both iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Do you have any experience or tips on resolving the iPhone GPS reliability? I am running CoPilot and see issues with position jumping around but it does the same in the Maps app so I know it's GPS and not CoPilot.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some issues with poor GPS accuracy when I had the iPhone (3G) located low down on the dash next to the stereo unit, once I moved it up to the top of the dash its been fine although if your car has heat refletive glass (Athermic coating) then it will struggle with reception - Mike
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike

I did try that but I'm fairly sure it's an iPhone GPS problem because I've had issues with it not getting a lock even when I've been out in the open.

Thinking of doing an iPhone restore to see if it helps.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other rather basic thing I should have mentioned earlier though, make sure you have a valid GPS position fix BEFORE you move off, otherwise the device will struggle to catch up - Mike
Redtel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Copilot losing the track Reply with quote

Redtel wrote:
I've been using CoPilot now for a few days. One thing I notice which is really frustrating is that it occasionally loses the signal and goes back to determining position.
The other problem is it doesn't seem to intelligently lock onto a planned route. For example, I was going down the M6 and when passing an area that had an adjacent side road (country road), my position jumped to this side road then had to recalculate to get me back onto the M6. Am I asking a bit much that the app should realise I haven't just jumped 100 yards sideways. Even if the signal drifts, I would have thought if there was no way for me to physically leave the road I was on, that it should keep me on the original road.
I also find that at points where I stop, like junctions, that the app takes a while to identify I'm moving again, and when it does it gets all confused as to where I am. I couldn't use this on an area with a lot of quick turns.
Could it be that the issue is the iPhone GPS signal?

Any help would be appreciated on these points. I'm a newbie on this site by the way.

I did try that too Mike.

Do you have any advice on my previous post (in quotes above)?
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drove back from Gatwick today to West Midlands and noticed it jumped on to a side road while I was on a motorway and eventually jumped back.

Also everytime I stopped in traffic my position on the map changed from the red triangle to the red circle and when I moved again it took a little while for it to realise and change back to the triangle and start to move on the map.

My brodit mount has arrived so I'll get that fitted tomorrow and try it out in that position....high on dashboard to the left of steering wheel. Although don't have any long journeys planned for remainder of week.

Hopefully Copilot can make some noticeable improvement in GPS performance in their first update.
gloaming
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be weeks before TomTom sort their act out so I couldn't resist any longer and have now purchased this.

However I am having problems installing it. I downloaded it on my PC and can see it sitting in my Applications section of my itunes library. However when I attempt to sync it to my iphone it attempts to install and then I get the error message "unknown error occurred (0xE8000050)".

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I can get round this please?

If I download it again via the phone will I get charged a second time for it?

Thanks in advance
TELREA
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gloaming wrote:
It could be weeks before TomTom sort their act out so I couldn't resist any longer and have now purchased this.

However I am having problems installing it. I downloaded it on my PC and can see it sitting in my Applications section of my itunes library. However when I attempt to sync it to my iphone it attempts to install and then I get the error message "unknown error occurred (0xE8000050)".

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I can get round this please?

If I download it again via the phone will I get charged a second time for it?

Thanks in advance

You can always try downloading it again,and no you won't be charged again,when you do get it installed make sure you're connected via wifi when activating as alot of peeps are having crashes at this point{me included}Took me 3 installs before i finally got it going just gotta road test it now
epic_monkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I sat all weekend trying to get the app to install and run successfully. Must have downloaded it atleast 12 times.
Eventually after deleting it from iTunes & phone then did a restore & then downloaded it again over wifi it eventually worked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 9 of 24

Jump to: