Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brand new 540. Error Code: 107. No LIVE services available.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brand new 540. Error Code: 107. No LIVE services available.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Brand new 540. Error Code: 107. No LIVE services available. Reply with quote

We have just received a brand spanking new UK 540 through the post from Amazon. Obviously taking a look at it but as soon as we try any of the LIVE based functions it says the "Error Code: 107" message that one other person on here has reported last year.

We followed the same diagnostic path from the previous posts, including checking that the internal SIM is a UK xx44xxxx one.

Taking a look at the "Network" dialog after powering it on we see "Connecting" followed by "Not connected".
The signal bars however are 3 to 5, so it's not an obvious signal problem.

Anyone have a solution to this, or failing that, the number of the TomTom hotline so that we can shout at them?

Thanks,

Z.
sausage27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a new 740 and found that the Live services didn't work at all - no error messages and the unit says it was connected. Other than that the unit worked ok. After speaking to TomTom they suggested I take it back to the shop and exchange it.

I did that and the new one worked straight away.

So, you may have a faulty unit.

Peter
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom, phone 0845 161 0009 Mon to Fri, 9am to 6:30pm.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem is now being looked at by Tomtom 2nd line support.
The application was at 8.203 and they recommended updating to 8.351.
This however didn't fix the problem, so they are "thinking about it".

Looks like it may have to go back to Amazon as faulty. This has however killed my intention of buying a new TT 940 stone dead. I'll stick with my old 700 as at least I know that works still.

My concern is that if I was not a reasonably clued up member of this community but a non-technical pensioner, what would I have been able to do? Would I have even been able to discern the basic nature of the problem? I suspect not...
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zardoz wrote:
My concern is that if I was not a reasonably clued up member of this community but a non-technical pensioner, what would I have been able to do? Would I have even been able to discern the basic nature of the problem? I suspect not...
I'm a pensioner and when I put shelves up, either they're not straight, or they fall down. But I'm pretty good at basic nature - "it doesn't work" is basic nature! Cool

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would return it straight to Amazon. They will even send you a new unit before you have put yours in the post to them but you MUST notify them first from your account page.

Amazon swapped two faulty Garmin 760's of mine, without hesitation, before I settled for a TT 730.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going back... TT Support couldn't fix it and it seems that they had a good try.

Let's hope the replacement is more successful.

Z.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't... The replacement is behaving identically.

We are going to try it out about 10 miles away in case it's network provider related, but this is not looking good.

Ideas anyone?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in the UK are you located?

Also have you used a different e-mail address when registering the new TomTom, if you have used the same e-mail address as previously employed on another device this can cause issues with no connection - Mike
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are In Farnham, Surrey. The Vodafone signal here seems OK and until recently we have used them for our mobile phone service.

We never even get to the point of entering an email address on the unit. It raises Error code: 107 on any attempt to activate a LIVE option. Basically, the GPRS connection is never established and the network status goes immediately from "Connecting" to "Not connected". The MCC/MNC field stays blank.

Unless we have the incredible bad luck to have two brand new faulty uinits, it HAS to be a network problem.

Grrr!

Z.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the device fully charged up and connected to the car charger? if the battery is low the device will shut down the GPRS modem resulting in no Live services.
I thought the e-mail account was entered with the device connected to Home then you apply the same e-mail and password on the device.

Have you tried the device out of the car, for example at home and do you still get no connection? - Mike
andy1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im beginning to wonder is live service offered by TT is all that it is cracked up to be.
I find the google search very slow that's when it is working on getting error messages saying not connected to the server. Mad Mad
apt101070
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zardoz wrote:
We are In Farnham, Surrey. The Vodafone signal here seems OK and until recently we have used them for our mobile phone service.

We never even get to the point of entering an email address on the unit. It raises Error code: 107 on any attempt to activate a LIVE option. Basically, the GPRS connection is never established and the network status goes immediately from "Connecting" to "Not connected". The MCC/MNC field stays blank.

Unless we have the incredible bad luck to have two brand new faulty uinits, it HAS to be a network problem.

Grrr!

Z.

got same problem, got tt540 yesterday from amazon and will not connect to live giving error code 107 have been from worcester to leeds today with it with no joy, however if i connect it to pc it appears to work but wont work stand alone ... HELP anyone
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have been out for a LONG drive this evening, covering a radius of about 30 miles from home. No joy anywhere. We started with the unit fully charged. It drank about 50% battery level within 2 hours of driving. Is this normal?

The clincher was to go to Halfords and put it next to one of their TT540 with EXACTLY the same firmware versions for application and maps.

Theirs was connected with no problem and showed exactly the same cell signal level as the one we were holding. Ours would not connect at all.

I wonder if this is a bad batch from Amazon? We will experiment until Monday and then if it doesn't wake up, it's going back for a refund.

Regards,
Z.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know this could be getting boring for some, but here is the latest on this saga.

We have linked the device to an email address via TT-Home. We have updated everything there is to update on the unit, again via TT-Home, including the UK&IRL map.

So, it's known to the TT network servers, and at the latest firmware. Still doesn't connect via GPRS and shows Error code: 107.

I am running out of patience, fast.

Z.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: