Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - fault with F20
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

fault with F20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: fault with F20 Reply with quote

Can anyone help with the following problem I am having with my F20.
I input a post code to get to.
Message - "calculating route" is then shown at the bottom of the device.
Then I get a voice message giving me the first instruction I can then scroll through all the route.

Then next time I carry out all the above but do not get a voice message giving me the first instruction and I can only scroll down to part of the route as the screen goes blank and at the bottom of the device I get a message "back on track".

The only way I can get it to give the voice message, & enable me to scroll the whole route is to keep switching it off & on again.

I hope this makes sense & you can help me.
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: fault with F20 Reply with quote

swiftflo wrote:
Can anyone help with the following problem I am having with my F20.
I input a post code to get to.
Message - "calculating route" is then shown at the bottom of the device.
Then I get a voice message giving me the first instruction I can then scroll through all the route.

Then next time I carry out all the above but do not get a voice message giving me the first instruction and I can only scroll down to part of the route as the screen goes blank and at the bottom of the device I get a message "back on track".

The only way I can get it to give the voice message, & enable me to scroll the whole route is to keep switching it off & on again.

I hope this makes sense & you can help me.

Surely with all you clever people on this forum someone can help.
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the reason you have not had an asnwer is the clever people don't own Navman'sSmile

Could be corrupt map data casuing the system to crash, or a hrdware fault, or a number of other things. I am grasping at straws, I would re-install the maps and software and see if this helps.

Sorry I can't be more useful.
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertn wrote:
I am sure the reason you have not had an asnwer is the clever people don't own Navman'sSmile

Could be corrupt map data casuing the system to crash, or a hrdware fault, or a number of other things. I am grasping at straws, I would re-install the maps and software and see if this helps.

Sorry I can't be more useful.

I have installed the latest service pack.

Thanks anyway.
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Fault with F20 Reply with quote

What a load of w*****s the technical department at Navman are I have been sending emails to then for a week now regarding the problem with my F20. All I am getting is acknowledgement of my emails. Angry
Freefall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: F20 problems Reply with quote

It sounds as if swiftflo's problem is similar to what I experience occasionally with my F20. Occasionally, whilst following a route the screen goes blank, with just the text headings for the Options screen ( Home, Favourites etc.) showing. Turning the device off, then on again appears to correct the difficulty as the map reappears and the route/instructions continue from where it broke off.
I have contacted Navman who first suggested I install the latest Service Pack. In fact I already had done this, but re installed it anyway. Support then came back saying it was (just!) out of guarantee and referring me to sale bargains on their site! I suggested if I had to replace the device it would not be with a Navman unit ( which in fact I like!).
I understand that the view of the Courts is that devices like these should last 4-5 years, and of course there is also the credit card company to approach, who are normally most helpful in these sort of matters.
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: F20 Fault Reply with quote

Freefall, you are right this is exactly the same problem. I also told Navman when they eventually replied what they could do with their devices. I wonder if this is a inherant fault with this brand. I will certainly not be buying another of their devices even though they also refered me to their refurbished offers.
Like you I also like this SatNav.
Ratbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: fault with F20 Reply with quote

swiftflo wrote:
I input a post code

So this happens only with post codes, not when you search for street address?
swiftflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: fault with F20 Reply with quote

Ratbert wrote:
swiftflo wrote:
I input a post code

So this happens only with post codes, not when you search for street address?

Also happens when I search streets.
Freefall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: F20 fault Reply with quote

Yes, I normally enter the Town, Street and number whenever possible. It happened again today, though this time the device reverted to the normal 'Favourites/Home etc.' screen. Again, switching the device off then on again immediately solved the problem ( until the next time!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: