Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator map errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator map errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TransWARPed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator map errors Reply with quote

Guys,

How do you know what version of the CD you have. Is there a tell tale sign. I can't find a version number anywhere. Or do you have to tell from the version number of the software you install. I've already updated that from their website so am not sure what it was originally!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator map errors Reply with quote

When you run the setup.exe it should tell you on that screen (on the pc). 1.20 was the initial release and 1.21 fixed Wales.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

I found 2 errors in TomTom yesterday:

- M1 onto North Circular NC) Westbound - TomTom takes you onto NC Eastbound first before taking you around the Brent Cross roundabout to join NC Westbound!

- NC joining the A205 - voice tell you to "go across the roundabout, 4th exit", but it is in fact the 3rd. I had to go around the roundabout again!

gstenson
Frequent Visitor

I have found an error when approaching Thames Valley Park in Reading on the A329M.

When approaching the flyover for the A4 roundabout TT directs you to come off the A329M, go into Reading town centre and then turn around come back to the roundabout and rejoin the A329M.
emcclem
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by TechNick on 27 September 2002

Here's an interesting one I've come across (again, relating to junctions on the M4)...

If you try plotting a route between Wokingham and Slough (for example), rather than routing you to the nearest 'official' junction on the M4, you're encouraged to take a country lane, then take a dive off the bridge straight onto the motorway!

Had a similar problem today...going from Berkhamsted to Waltham St Lawrence TT directed me past J9 on the M4 (stange I thought) until I got to a flyover (The Straight Mile) when I was directed to turn right onto the flyover. I continued to J10 and u-turned and was directed to do the same when approaching from the west.

frmarcus
Occasional Visitor

Some roads/roundabouts have recently been built in Cheltenham city centre near shops such as the new Waitrose: when leaving that shop with the navigator on, the road/roundabout to/from it isn't show on the TomTom map, just 'land'.
mark_p
Occasional Visitor

A4 & Park View Drive South [near Charvil,Reading,Berks]

At location 51.47852N,0.88679W where "Park View Drive South" meets the A4, TT maps do not understand that the A4 is a dual carriageway at that point, and that if you are approaching from the South, you can only turn LEFT onto the A4. As you can see below, it is trying to direct me to cross the central reservation and turn RIGHT which is not possible!

MikeA
Occasional Visitor

Help.....the Forth Road Bridge is missing, has this been reported before?

Mike
SJTaylor
Occasional Visitor

Something I have noticed with TTN is a problem with some junctions:

To demonstrate, look at the A507 where it intersects a minor road at 52.01641N 0.61092W. I was travelling SW from J13 M1 toward this junction and was given no direction to turn left at the T-junction and continue SE on the A507, even though that was the route TTN had planned. It seems that TTN assumes that there is no turn to be made if the road number remains the same.

eastglos
Occasional Visitor

Purchased my tomtom v.2.01 (and downloaded v.2.05. )with toshiba e330.from PC world after deciding I could put up with some map oddities. However I cannot cope with it crashing after every stop on a long journey. Tomtom always send a standard reply "reinitialise and reload the programme".Not much use 200 miles from home.!! I got the impression from PCworld that they've had a lot of returns.

I've given up now but it is a shame.I did enjoy the programme.

PS Its never heard of Padstow.(Cornwall)
gazza09
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 3 Reply with quote

I have recently started using TomTom Navigator 3 and have also noticed a number of errors.

I live in Sutton Surrey which is the main postal town for the area. It is not shown on the TomTom maps.

I travel daily from Sutton to Cranford (London). this journey is approximatey 15 miles.

TomTom reports that I am travelling through Hampton (Shropshire), Hanworth (Norfork) and finally Cranford (Devon). This is pretty good as I do not actually leave the London area. I am not very impressed with these errors. Confused
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been mentioned numerous times in the forums previously - and is not a map error. The maps are correct - what you're seeing is an error in the mapping code in the old (Pocket PC specific) TomTom engine.

Navigator picks the right place name, but a lot of the time then displays a random (and incorrect) qualifier in brackets. This bug has been seen in all versions of Navigator from 2.02 to 3.07, but it does not affect operation - it's merely cosmetic.

I'm told that the same problem is not seen with software based on the newer TomTom "common platform" code. We're expecting a new version of TomTom Navigator for the Pocket PC based on this code to launch in the next few months, so I suspect the problem will disappear then.

For now, it just has to be lived with.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: