Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPhone Speed Camera App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone Speed Camera App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
fine, here ya go: progress report: it's still being worked on. eta: unknown. hope that helps
MaFt

There's a job for you at TomTom! Laughing
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've said numerous times that there is no eta yet we're still being pestered to give one... so i did!

MaFt
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of being shot down in flames by MaFt, is there anyone who can give us an update on this? It's 2 months since the last post, I think we are being reasonably patient.

Cheers
sneeks
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was coming here to ask the very same question. I know one of the stalling points was lack of in app purchasing but that has been live for a while now.
StuartAllen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: PGPSW iPhone Speed Camera App Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I've given up TomTom on my O2 XDA Diamond and moved to Co-Pilot on an iPhone (and paid TomTom for a better GPS and mount). All I need now is better speed camera data. Co-Pilot gives me Fixed Cameras but I usually know where I am going so don't need satnav running and just want camera warnings - particularly mobile cameras (sneaky little devils).
I see POI Warner has their app up and running but I am sure yours will be better. Laughing I'm happy to pay even though I am a lifetime member (Not too much though - POI Warner is £3.49) - You can insert log in and password details to be entered into the app so updates can be done direct with the normal pgpsw site and avoid pirates and protect revenue. See Co-Pilots method. Any chance of a progress report?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent Co-Pilot updates have messed up installing our database to the iPhone application, but to achieve it also required a JailBroken phone which is something you might not be willing to do - it used to work on a JB iPhone but it no longer does, the best app for Speed cam warnings and navigation is Sygic, but again the phone needs to be JailBroken to install the files - Mike
HJC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Stuart Allen was actually asking relates to an update on the "Pocket GPS World app".
Is there any progress? or without being pushy any potential timeline?

Having asked that, fully appreciate that things are never that straight forward Wink
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's now being given pretty much a total rewrite of the code to make use of the extra stuff available since os3.0 was released. primarily the ability to use the built in maps app which massively improves the speed and stability of the app. it also allows some extra little features.

we'd rather release a good, well-tested and stable app that does the job instead of releasing a poor version then having to update every month to fix things...

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: