Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I get a camera verified?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I get a camera verified?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that you are both at your computer screens at this time of the evening says a lot !!

I was not criticizing your feelings of frustration these are perfectly understandable Thumbs Up
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pillboxman - have you read the posts that PaulB2005 suggested above? If not, may I respectfully direct you to them again?

Having read them, please reconsider your accusation that Lifetime Membership awards are a con. If you still feel that they are, then this is not the place for you. Do not subscribe any more and do not download the best database available. Is £20 per year such a crippling amount to you, in addition to the cost of your motoring?

I will try and submit anything that is not already in the database in order to improve the coverage and if I get a Lifer credit, then I will gladly accept it, but still submit.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john877 wrote:
I think the fact that you are both at your computer screens at this time of the evening says a lot !!

yes, it says we need to sleep!! Laughing
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just need to read this here to see another user complaining that 'their' camera didn't qualify. And did we get a sorry??

Course not!

Pay particular attention to post 4 on the second page!

iPhone 12
pillboxman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I had no intention of setting off so much venom; however, I am sure that you will understand my frustration; I have submitted 9 cameras in the lasts 10 months. This may not make me a prolific reporter but I do my best.

I did not understand how the camera map worked as every time I looked the camera icons were either there or not there, I shall be more careful next time.

I do appreciate the amount of work it takes to run the site and I do appreciated that for twenty quid the PGPS database is the best available. I sell PNDs and always advise customers to join PGPS. I also proudly display my camera spotter car sticker. So don’t get the idea that I am not an enthusiastic supporter.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will appreciate that you're lack of understanding is no excuse for the accusations you were happy to sling and hint at.

But I think we've all said our piece now and that'll be the end of it.

Send an email to subscriptionsATpocketgpsworld.com stating you were a contributor prior to the charge and we will sort out the lifetime membership you appear to be entitled to.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pillboxman wrote:
Or is the list of free life memberships just a con to keep us adding cameras.
Evil or Very Mad

pillboxman wrote:
On the other hand the hours time taken to get me a lifetime membership is worth while to me!

Darren wrote:
Only if Pillboxman apologises first. It's an 'offer' not a right and having called us all liars and thieves he will have to apologise before I will consider giving him anything now.

Darren wrote:
Send an email to subscriptionsATpocketgpsworld.com stating you were a contributor prior to the charge and we will sort out the lifetime membership you appear to be entitled to.

I see no mention of an appology. If pillboxman gets his much coveted lifetime for his previous submissions, I hope that his profuse 'thankyou' includes a profuse 'sorry' for intimating that the 'lifetime' is a scam.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice in the announcements on the front page, that pillboxman is now a Lifetime Member.
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I shall be more careful next time.

There shouldn't be a next time, you have your Lifetime membership now, HOWEVER you will have to be careful. Police
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hope it doesn't stop him reporting so I hope there will be a next time!
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really is no reason to stop reporting as it is in everyones interest to make sure the database is as accurate as possible.

I'll go off and hide now though as I haven't reported anything for months (excuse is I have been off sick and mainly housebound so haven't passed any cameras Razz )
pillboxman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Life Membership.

I can assure you that LM or no LM, I would have kept on reporting, I fully support the principals of PGPS.

Speed Camera or Lidl supermarket, we all benefit from POIs. I don’t travel that much so I don’t get to report that many POIs but I ain’t going away.
HairyDJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that I'd submitted about a dozen before I got that welcome to lifetime membership email - it did feel good! I'm still looking out and will post anything I find as I benefit from adding anything found ASAP.

Strangely, I have no idea which of my submissions actually was "the winner" as several went in over a short space of time.

Presumably, as more and more "quick off the mark" spotters gain life membership then the ratio of spots from lifers to newbies will slowly shift, but currently there still seems to be room for plenty to get in ahead of us :lol:
agusta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a free lifetime member, but I did spot a mobile quite a while ago that will probably run out of time before it gets verified by another member as I haven't seen a camera at that site since then (I think I was first as it does appear on my map as awaiting confirmation).
Even so I continue to submit any "new" camera I come across, and also validate any mobiles I see so that they can be confirmed and remain on the list for the benefit of other members.
I doubt that I will ever be lucky enough to be the first to spot a new camera (and have it validated) and win a lifetime membership, as I tend to use my built-in system, which doesn't have upgradeable POIs, for most journeys, and only use the TomTom on some specific trips, but that would just be a bonus; surely the whole point of the submission system is to help to maintain an accurate database in order to keep us (and our licences) just that little bit more safe?
I applaud the efforts of everybody who contributes and manages this database as it must have saved many of us thousands in potential fines and points (maybe even saved jobs for some), so would urge everyone to keep submitting whenever they see either a new fixed camera, but also particularly anytime they see a mobile so that it can be confirmed as a live site and remain on the database.
bonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Incoming fire, take cover.... Reply with quote

as to the whingeing geezer complaining about submitting a camera and not getting lifetime membership.

I submitted wrong speed settings on a stretch of road and was generously rewarded.
Some weeks later reported a similar thing, and got nothing, Ya win sum ya lose sum eh!
i am a happy lifetime member so there matey.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: