Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost data connection...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost data connection...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Lost data connection... Reply with quote

OK this problem started out looking like a saimple loss of GPRS traffic which would come back all by itself (as it so often does) but it didn't. This evening after testing, I can't get any services (weather etc.) at all.

I have now tried to set everything up again and I can establish a Bluetooth connection OK, but I get errors saying that my TT cannot establish a data connection with the phone. Now this was working perfectly up until this morning - and nothing has changed to stop it working. Just turned everything on this morning, as usual, and nada!

Set up is
TT 530 (latest maps, latest app).
Nokia N95 8GB, on UK O2 with an unlimited data package.

The phone gets web data OK by itself, as evidenced by browsing the internet. The TT connects to the phone, but no data connection. I have checked my TT user account details and they are OK.

I tried the option of manually configuring, but did not know what the default settings were so just left it alone.

Has anyone managed to fix this sort of situation before - like I said, worked perfectly for weeks, this morning it just died. Or failing that, I'm quite happy to be directed to a set up FAQ somewhere to see if there is a fix there.

Best Regards
George
ESL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stil struggling with this - I can't seem to get a stable bluetooth pairing with the TT and N95.

It pairs OK but the can't get the data connection, when I pass on this and try to download the phonebook into the TT, it then says there is no phone connected.

It's all gone pear shaped since this morning...
Sad Sad
ptomblin
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George,

I experienced a similar issue a year or so ago with my TT910. Following months of flawless performance, the issue started intermittently and would resolve after simultaneous reboots of the TT and phone. However, it gradually got worse to the point that it wouldn't work at all (though web via phone was fine).

Evenually I experiemented with my wife's phone, same SIM, and it worked okay so I replaced my own phone (same model of handset, same sim) and it's been fine ever since (though I'm now experiencing a different issue - see http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=76383). I still don't understand what went wrong with the old handset as it worked fine in every other respect but it did seem to cause the issue. Can only suggest you try with a different handset...
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done similar. I'm currently runing the cheap £4.50 RDS TMC that I picked up a couple of weeks ago but up until then I experimented with various phones from the 'museum' that is my desk drawer. I found that an old cheapie nokia was by far the most stable but I would still get the dreaded 'could not establish a connection' red screen from time to time. I found a rest and turn off of the PAYG phone would fix it most times but I've never atually proved what causes it despite 2 years of experimentation.

FWIW the RDS TMC is a bit flakey sometimes at picking up its first fix and having the cables around is a bit messy but I don't miss shouting at the TT and going in the boot to reset the PAYG phone one little bit!
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: