Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Q?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Q?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: POI Q? Reply with quote

couple of questions im afraid.

re igo 8 latest ver -

1) how many pois does it hold - as at present have 1/14 of poi's but not all are shown?

2) can i put the pois (speed cam) in to a folder called speed cam and if so do i make a folder in the userdata area and put them in OR ????

3) how do i get the speed sign up telling me the speed and even better can i have the voice file (.ogg) playing???

4) why when i click on poi in mangae poi are individual pois not listed?

Thanks, ex tt7 user.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) how many pois does it hold - as at present have 1/14 of poi's but not all are shown?

I haven't found any maximum POI's iGO holds but the maximum displayed is 60 pages with 5 on each i.e. 300. If you select POI's around e.g. GPS then only POI's less than a mile away show.

Quote:
2) can i put the pois (speed cam) in to a folder called speed cam and if so do i make a folder in the userdata area and put them in OR ????

Look in iGO8/Content folder for speedcam folder, delete all files and add the PGPSW iGO file/files, the spdb and .spud files will be regenerated on startup.

Quote:
3) how do i get the speed sign up telling me the speed and even better can i have the voice file (.ogg) playing???

Once the above files are in place you will get a choice of 'when approaching' or 'when speeding'. With iGO 8.0.0 there was a Skin by Linknet which gave voice warnings but he dropped this in later versions.

Have a look HERE where you should be able to select the Skin which gives you want you want.

For Q4, best to leave this alone but if you want to see what's there first click on your chosen POI and then Edit. With this you can choose to show e.g. all Petrol Station or just your preferred ones.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: POI Q? Reply with quote

DefenderBLACK wrote:
couple of questions im afraid.

4) why when i click on poi in manage poi are individual pois not listed?

Thanks, ex tt7 user.

This button allows you to manage POI categories only therefore you shouldn't see any actual POI's here.

linknet
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to google after Kikker 3.2 skin, it is very similar (based?) on the Linknet's Ultra, but includes the speed camera warnings.
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it working thanks, mainly down to not having the speedcam voice in the right folder!

My next Q is it alerts fine for speed camera but then you get an annoying pinging sound leading up to the speed trap. is it possible to get rid of this noise and just leave the actual speed cam warning and speed voice?

THANKS
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that annoyiing sound can be replaced relatively easy...
What you need is !alert5.wav and !alert6.wav replacement files.
Whole procedure is listed here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47014&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
To be more specific:
"Just spent a hour or 2 browsing and modding my data.zip file and testing the results.
I have managed to change the over speed camera sound by changing the default file !alert5.wav :P turkey-gobbler :P file and the !alert6.wav :o siren sound around by renaming the sound files from !alert6.wav to !alert5.wav. and !alert5.wav to !alert6.wav
There are several sound files in the audio folder but the mio does not let you change them around via the menu.
These files are in data.zip in the audio folder

backup your original data.zip
You can also create your own wav files as long as they are 8bit 11k mono"

Above procedure works for iGo 8.3.2 and 8.0.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: