Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Roadhawk in-car camera GPS and black box system
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Roadhawk in-car camera GPS and black box system
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Could we make it a competition limited to just old Moderators who are fat and grumpy and live within a 10 miles radius of Bristol? (Bristol UK).

Thats you out then! Twisted Evil

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
shelmo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Roadhawk Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I have a roadhawk in my car and I wonder if abybody else who has one come across this.

I was out in my car when I had a warning from the sat nav that a mobile speed camera site was approaching camera id no was 35159 on the A449 near Wolverhampton which sure enough they were there hopping to catch someone. When I arrived home I was to log on to report the seen again mobile so I decided to look at the footage from the camera, I found the relevent section and the picture of the van was nice and clear now here is the problem the roadhawk google maps display had me on the right road in about the right place, the gps data from the roadhawk on the otherhand was almost 30 miles out.

Unless the roadhawk is using a different format for the coordinates then pocketgpsworld there does seem to be a problem bt the way the cordinates given by the roadhawk were latitude 52.404981, longitude 2.75583
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Roadhawk Reply with quote

shelmo wrote:
the gps data from the roadhawk on the otherhand was almost 30 miles out.

Unless the roadhawk is using a different format for the coordinates then pocketgpsworld there does seem to be a problem bt the way the cordinates given by the roadhawk were latitude 52.404981, longitude 2.75583

Were you wet. That's in the middle of the North Sea East of Lowestoft Very Happy
shelmo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Roadhawk Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
shelmo wrote:
the gps data from the roadhawk on the otherhand was almost 30 miles out.

Were you wet. That's in the middle of the North Sea East of Lowestoft Very Happy

Sorry Longitude should be -2.75583
shelmo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Roadhawk Reply with quote

Hi

The roadhawk seems to give the coordinates in degrees minutes seconds format not the same as pocketgpsworld.
Wannabyourhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The RoadHawk has far surpassed expectations. I'd hoped to have a review up sooner but summer hols got in the way. Busy writing it now.

It works very well, the picture quality is good and it ticks all the boxes. So much so that I'm going to buy one.

Give me a few days and I'll get the review up ASAP.

Hi Darren,
just wondering how your review of the Roadhawk is coming along?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to hold my hand up and admit that with all that has happened to me recently I'd completely forgotten this until now Embarassed

So thank you for reminding me, this is a great system and one I've been very impressed with. I'll ensure that tomorrow I get the notes written up and a review published.

As a footnote, I'll be buying one of these.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
As a footnote, I'll be buying one of these.
As a late birthday present for someone old, fat and grumpy? Or do I have to put my hand in my own pocket?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Lonterra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Roadhawk Reply with quote

tekwiz wrote:
Have a look at www.drivers-eye.com They are doing the same device cheaper and the info on their pages is far more detailed. Lots of sample videos to play with too.

And cheaper again here:

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=177703
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Roadhawk Reply with quote

Lonterra wrote:
And cheaper again here:

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=177703

Oh dear, I think I just felt my wallet twitch! Nice deal.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bare bones of the review are completed, I have to grab some real world photos of my install and then extract some sample video but a bad day yesterday pain wise has meant its taken longer than planned.

If you want to see the review in its current unfinished state, its here but please consider this is NOT the finished article and I have used some stock photography to flesh it out.

I need to add that audio is also an option which can be enabled/disabled
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The bare bones of the review are completed, I have to grab some real world photos of my install and then extract some sample video but a bad day yesterday pain wise has meant its taken longer than planned.

If you want to see the review in its current unfinished state, its here but please consider this is NOT the finished article and I have used some stock photography to flesh it out.

I need to add that audio is also an option which can be enabled/disabled

SOLD! Even without the glitzy imagery! Very Happy

Now go lie down for a bit and rest them bones! Wink

BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that if I had both my satnav and Roadhawk connected to my cigar lighter socket there would be enough power?

Is there a possible privacy problem if Roadhawk is left on when parked, assuming a more permanent connection is set up? I would quite like it in those circumstances too (at least identify any clumsy person leaving a dent in the front!).

Darren said thieves would be unlikely to steal it for fear of being 'caught in the act'; but would it really be safe to leave it, even with security stickers, etc (they might have read the ads too - those that can!)? Any views?

I LIKE IT - if the price keeps going down, I might buy four, for surround sound (vision) Laughing
Wannabyourhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Thanks Darren Reply with quote

interesting reading.
Have come across yet another possibility at smartwitness.com which has a wider angle lens though not quite so many frames per second. The T-eye from Maplins is quite good value as it has front and rear cameras and can also record you swearing as it does audio, though fps much lower than other cameras the quality is reasonable. I definitely intend to get one of these but which one - recent experience has shown that without independent witnesses you really can't prove very much as regards fault.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SpikeUK - in another thread a couple of months you said you had bought one of these and offered to do a review. How have you found it? The thing that strikes me most from Wannabyourhero's post is that the 2Gb card only holds 40 minuttes worth of data on its loop - even with two cameras recording this seems FAR less than the RoadHawk's claimed 'several days' worth.

But it does look quite interesting, with the second camera costing about £75 (Roadhawk £178 v T-Eye £250)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: