Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audi OEM Sat-Nav can you load custom POI's?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audi OEM Sat-Nav can you load custom POI's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afroboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Audi OEM Sat-Nav can you load custom POI's? Reply with quote

A Mate of mine at work has recently got the OEM Audi Sat Nav, we are trying to load the current SpeedCamera Database into it as POI's I am familiar with the process as i have recently put the lates version on my Garmin KNA G520

Wink

What we want to know is can the Audi Sat-Nav accept custom POI's?

Any help would be appreciated
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely that it does, few OEM Factory fit systems do.
briwy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this site.

http://vwnavi.com/forums/index.php

It is possible but its a bit messy and you dont get audible warnings so probably defeats the object a bit.[/url]
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

briwy wrote:
Have a look at this site.

http://vwnavi.com/forums/index.php

It is possible but its a bit messy and you dont get audible warnings so probably defeats the object a bit.[/url]
Did you mean to post a link to a particular thread?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

I totally agree....however the new Audi systems (like the one just hitting the A4) are based on a 40Gb harddrive. This means it's not burnt like the DVD based systems meaning (in theory) it's easy to update POIs, software, maps etc.

The new system is the 3rd generation Audi system (referred to as 3G MMI) and I think in the coming years more and more people will be wanting a camera POI for it. I'm sure it's possible but I wonder how long it will take to accomplish.
stevehopwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: 3rd gen MMI likely accepts POI Reply with quote

Scotty-uk wrote:
Darren wrote:

I totally agree....however the new Audi systems (like the one just hitting the A4) are based on a 40Gb harddrive. This means it's not burnt like the DVD based systems meaning (in theory) it's easy to update POIs, software, maps etc.

The new system is the 3rd generation Audi system (referred to as 3G MMI) and I think in the coming years more and more people will be wanting a camera POI for it. I'm sure it's possible but I wonder how long it will take to accomplish.

I drive myself an A8 and while it is in the garage I got an 09 A8 as courtesy car, which has the new MMI in it. Higher resolution, 3D buildings and all that ...
There is also an option in the menu system to "load new data" from CD, USB or SD. Supposedly this is for map updates, but also for POIs.

Older systems only support the "messy" DVD operation, which as it doesn't work with DVD-RW/DVD+RW media is a bit more costly as you can't rewrite the disk, when new camera data comes out every couple of days.

So any news on the 3rd gen MMI upload option via SD card? Like many of the other systems it is an OEM product, so chances should be it's compatible to some or the other data format. Anyone tried?
MaDProFF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also looking for this as well, and I take it still no one has solved this problem or know of anyone?
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would also be interested whether anyone has made progress with the latest Audi 3rd generation in dash units. We're currently looking around for a smaller Audi for my better half with the factory fit SatNav option.
Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: