Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can anyone comment on map usability in Sheffield area?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone comment on map usability in Sheffield area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Can anyone comment on map usability in Sheffield area? Reply with quote

Son just moved to Sheffield (Hillsborough area).

We both have map version 7.163 and it is hopeless navigating when entering Sheffield. It tries to take you down one ways/ tram ways/ no entries and sometimes round in circles. If anyone has the latest map (8.3) I would appreciate a comment as to whether it is better/usable. I can't give any particular roads we tried as I am not conversant with the area.

Thanks
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.163 was a software version, not a map version, but is quite old. I suspect your maps are quite old as well if you haven't updated them recently, though I have no local knowledge of Sheffield.

To find out what map version you have, press the satellite strength indicator on your screen, then press the software version number when it appears on the screen. You will then see a comprehensive list of the status of your TomTom.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used the 8.3 map on my tomtom 520 recently through hillsborough and crookes with no issues - not sure if that helps at all?

MaFt
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers.

Thanks. I forgot how to get the map version and yes it seems to be quite old. I don't update every year.

MaFt
Yes, that is useful, thank you. TT seemed to get mixed up trying to get to Hillsborough area from the M1 (jn 33 from the south). I will make it come off at jn 34 which seems a better choice. It's about time I updated the map but unfortunately, being away from my computer for a while, I have just realised I had an email that was £8 off till the end of May.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: