Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Voice Warning keeps repeating in traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Voice Warning keeps repeating in traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Speed Camera Voice Warning keeps repeating in traffic Reply with quote

I am using Ash's full Speed Camera Manager plus the speed camera voice warnings, with my Nuvi 255WT

It all works realy except that in slow traffic, if keeps repeating the speed camera warnings every time I stop & start if there is a Camera nearby.

Is there a way to make it just give a single warning rather than repeating the message over & over again which drives my wife up the wall.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is a side effect of using Ash10's Camera Manager. You've effectively told your unit to warn you every time you approach a camera at ANY speed. Now when you stop / start in traffic you get an alert every time you move. I've never found a way to stop it and i don't think there is a way to stop it without disabling the alert totally.

You could mute the sound on the unit until the traffic clears....
JohnWB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug**r, I was hoping there would be some way, oh well, just have to put up with it
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is similar to the issue with the Variable speed Gatso cameras on the gantries above the Western M25 and Southern M42 sections. The PGPSW database has these set at 0mph (as they are variable) which means that they trigger at any speed.

I've tried a few workarounds even manually changing the "trigger" speed from 0 to 40mph but without success. As PaulB2005 says the "mute" button is the easiest fix!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: