Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New SPECS install on notorious stretch but why no barriers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New SPECS install on notorious stretch but why no barriers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W90BHP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
I AM a perfect river, full of consideration, it's all the other idiots that make me need to wear a seatbelt and have airbag etc!

A truly perfect driver anticipates the mistakes and failings of others and makes appropriate allowances for them by changing the speed and position of their vehicle. Safety devices are therefore only there for when your own concentration lapses to manage the result of your own failings.

If you're not already, join the IAM and become an advanced motorist. It will improve your driving behaviour and reduce the likelihood of being involved in a collision, so long as you fully embrace the philosophy.

If you drive an old-shape mini like me, collision avoidance is the only method of risk control. Airbags? Pah. They're for wusses... ;)
iPAQ 3970 : Navman Sleeve : CoPilot 4 : Somewhere in the loft
woolleysox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: new speks. Reply with quote

I agree with Mike B and add with the introduction of health and safety trying to introduce utopia in the home, work place, or road, common sense does not appear to be used very often. Anyone driving fast in fog is a clot and most boy racers are clots Rolling Eyes . options 1: Close the road in fog ( no cash) Shocked 2: Use money from speed cams to pay for barriers then remove them Shocked Shocked . 3: leave the road as it is let the clots drive into the river and not install speed cams Very Happy . No Clearly the best option (common sense) Shocked fit the barriers and should a problem happen in good conditions it shoud stop the vehicle going into the river. Very Happy However it would appear the Guv requires the money for other uses Embarassed
redlorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Barriers Reply with quote

Presumably some of the drivers that end up in the river have mistaken the path of the road. Barriers may not stop a car from going in the river (and because of "bounce back" may not be desirable) but surely some form of regular pillars, lighting or other indication along the edge of the road at close intervals would help prevent this fatal error?
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

I AM a perfect river, full of consideration,
....and cars Wink

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
kensaunders
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Barriers Reply with quote

redlorry wrote:
Presumably some of the drivers that end up in the river have mistaken the path of the road. Barriers may not stop a car from going in the river (and because of "bounce back" may not be desirable) but surely some form of regular pillars, lighting or other indication along the edge of the road at close intervals would help prevent this fatal error?

The path of the road is clear, main problem is that it is very, very undulating in places and quite narrow and as somebody else has pointed out you cannot put barriers in because these nowhere for the foundation to go, also because of the very soft banks the road is subject to slippage, on both sides so the camber at times is totally wrong.

The only answer apart from getting said nutters to slow down (unlikley) is specs.

Just my opinion guys Confused
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
MaFt wrote:

I AM a perfect river, full of consideration,
....and cars Wink
And the more clots who end up in me, the less there are to cause harm to other sensible road users. I'll get me coat! Out of here

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: