Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - problem with speed alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with speed alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polkay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: problem with speed alerts Reply with quote

I installed latest speed database onto Zumo 500...Used it today on trip as I entered mway system gave out speed cam warning 1 mph...this happened everytime I approached a motorway exit. I evetually had to stop and disable the proximity warnings.
Has anyone else came across this at all....Poi's were load auto as opposed to manual.

Danny
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, my 255WT gave 1mph warnings when I put a Folder of POIs into the PC folder that POI Loader reads.

The PC folder, it seems, should not have any subfolders.

Hope this helps a little.

Dales.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you put the files into a folder called "1" before uploading them? Or a folder with 1 in the name such as "Folder 1"

If so POILoader will read the 1 in the folder title and assign 1 mph warnings to the files regardless of their contents.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales wrote:
If I recall correctly, my 255WT gave 1mph warnings when I put a Folder of POIs into the PC folder that POI Loader reads.

The PC folder, it seems, should not have any subfolders.

Hope this helps a little.

Dales.

you CAN use sub folders and this structure will be implemented in the POI structure on the garmin.

as paul says, any files or folders with numbers will result in a warning of that many mph. eg if you inadvertantly copied/duplicated a folder called 'POI' windows will call the new folder 'POI (1)' and result in 1mph warnings. similarly, Q8 petrol POI file always gave an 8mph alert...!

MaFt
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you CAN use sub folders and this structure will be implemented in the POI structure on the garmin.

I would like some more structure to the Extras index on my garmin. That way, I could access, say, the 'Recreation' category of POIs without scrolling down through a list that includes every category of PGPS UK camera.

So (for my non-speed POIs) I moved all my PGPS bmp's and csv's to a folder called POIs (within the main PC folder containing all the speed camera files). But the POI Loader would not load anything at all.

So I unpacked them again into the big unstructured file, and POI Loader worked spot on as it used to. But there is no structure to my garmin Extras.

Next I moved all the speed files into a folder called Cameras, and the non-speed files into a folder called POIs, all within the main PC folder. I pointed POI Loader at the main folder, but it would not load. (It would load the Cameras and the POIs separately, at two passes of the POI Loader, but this still left no structure to the garmin Extras).

By the way, this isn't a real problem, it's just a puzzle that I cannot achieve what seems to be a few button presses away from me!

Dales.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my nuvi 660 I never got the speed cameras to load when I installed them in a sub-folder. I just left them at the top level of my POI folder and then used sub-folders for all my other categories - this worked well for me. Never did sus-out why I couldn't get them (PGPSW cameras) to work in a sub-folder.

Just had a thought that hadn't occured before Laughing perhaps you need at least one valid POI in the top level of the directory - never thought to try this before. Using TT720 now - may try it sometime with my wife's nuvi 310.
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it works......but, it is soooooo slooooooow to find anything when you have POIs in subfolders. This is on a 765T which is uptodate with updates etc.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I've cracked it with the help of this post.

I put all of my camera files in the 'New Folder', within the main POI folder which holds all the loose non-camera csv's and bmp's.

Now, on the Garmin under Extras, I've got a list of Accommodation, ATM etc, with all the UK camera categories appearing under just one heading 'New Folder'. Great.

(All I have to do now is to find a way of getting the European camera categories under a single heading. At present, they feature at the end of the Extras listing, because (after each update of the SD card) I delete their folder off the SD card and then put it back on again).

Dales.
polkay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded a new set of Poi's and problems strted after this...I have reveretd to me old Poi's and this has solved the proble,.

Danny
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

polkay wrote:
I uploaded a new set of Poi's and problems strted after this...I have reveretd to me old Poi's and this has solved the proble,.

Danny

there must be a number one in a folder or file name or some "@1"'s within the actual data itself?

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: