Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New ONE IQ routes - Europe edition - Delay?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New ONE IQ routes - Europe edition - Delay?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: New ONE IQ routes - Europe edition - Delay? Reply with quote

Hi,

I pre-ordered this model from Amazon about a week ago, when they were quoting a release date of 21st April 2009.

Although this date is still showing for both the 'standard' and XL UK models, it has now been removed from the Europe version, and Amazon themselves are unable to give me any further information.

Have any of our 'moles' on here heard anything a bit more factual please, as I do not want to wait too much longer for my new TomTom, which I was getting quite excited about receiving early next week?

Thanks.

Edit: I have just seen that Play.com are now quoting a release date of 8th May, which is getting very tight for our departure on the 11th May!
meestermartinho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom shipping dates are notoriously optimistic.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's a surprise! Laughing

However I have just spoken to TomTom themselves, who assure me that they do now have these models in their warehouse and are despatching them to resellers.

They also told me (of course!) that I could order one directly from their website, but when pushed admitted that it would still be 5-10 days before I actually received it... and of course I am then paying the full RRP, plus a shipping charge, whereas at least I get free next day delivery from Amazon... once they actually have them in stock!

My current thoughts are to wait until next Tuesday, and see what Amazon have to say then!
meestermartinho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told early May before we get them.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Amazon have updated their site (again!) today, in respect of these new models, and are once more showing a release date of of 21st April, except for the XL Europe one, which still appears to be unkown.

However they are now offering (until 31st May) a FREE ONE or XL case... but only in blue though... not black! Unfortunately they are out of stock of the smaller size at the moment.

What I had to do therefore was to cancel my original order, and place it again, so as to include the free case option.

They are still saying that it will despatched on Monday, but having read a few threads on this site, this does seem a bit unlikely... still I can but hope! Smile
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update for anyone who is interested.

Needless to say, Amazon did not despatch my new TomTom yesterday, and are now quoting a release date of 25th April (Friday) for this model, so I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed.

Mind you, I did manage to persuade them to send me a FREE black case (rather than a blue one, which were out of stock anyway!) instead, which arrived this morning.

So all I need now is my new TomTom to put inside it!
v3man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: New ONE IQ Routes - Europe Edition - Delay? Reply with quote

I was hoping to get one from Amazon before a trip to Hungary starting next Wednesday. Can anyone tell me if my external antenna which I've used with my Navman ICN520 will plug into a Tom Tom?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New ONE IQ Routes - Europe Edition - Delay? Reply with quote

v3man wrote:
I was hoping to get one from Amazon before a trip to Hungary starting next Wednesday. Can anyone tell me if my external antenna which I've used with my Navman ICN520 will plug into a Tom Tom?

It doesn't have an external antenna socket but then I very much doubt you'd need one. Receiver technology has improved immensely all but dispensing with any need for external antennas.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received TT's newsletter today by email and here is what it says about the new TT ONE IQ routes edition.
CLICK HEREwhich it clearly says is now available

Looks good - hope you get one for your trip.

PS Use their link to on-line sellers as Pixmania say they have them in stock.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have assured me that these are now available from stock, and it does now look as if they are finally starting to hit the market.

My reasons for ordering from Amazon were the attraction of a FREE case, and also of course free delivery! Their general level of customer service has always impressed me also.

Hopefully I will receive my new ONE from them early next week, at the latest.

Edit: Having just had a quick look at the Pixmania website, I couldn't see any specific mention of IQ routes, so am not quite sure which models they are actually offering!
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I believe from earlier posts, that Pixmania is not always the most reliable supplier. In the past iirc it was supplying some grey imports of certain models.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montala wrote:

My reasons for ordering from Amazon were the attraction of a FREE case, and also of course free delivery! Their general level of customer service has always impressed me also.

Good reason ! However, just check on the delivery terms as from past experience, Super Saver delivery takes longer
Quote:
Orders placed using Super Saver Delivery will generally be delivered to you 2-4 days later than the same order placed using First Class Delivery.

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
And I believe from earlier posts, that Pixmania is not always the most reliable supplier. In the past iirc it was supplying some grey imports of certain models.

True. They have not had a good press. Crying or Very sad It was just another avenue to expore, though. Having revisited them this morning, I cannot now find the item there....I'm sure I saw it last night. Confused
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Calomax wrote:

True. They have not had a good press. Crying or Very sad It was just another avenue to expore, though. Having revisited them this morning, I cannot now find the item there....I'm sure I saw it last night. Confused

One of the problems with Pixmania is that they are based on the continent and tend to use European, rather than UK distributors, and often supply continental, rather than UK versions of certain products.

It is not unknown for purchasers to receive products with a European 2 pin, rather than a UK 3 pin plug (although they do supply an adapter I believe) and also to find that the don't actually have an English Instruction Manual included!

This probably doesn't apply to TomTom's though, and I can see that I am starting to stray a bit "off topic here" anyway!

Gee-Pee wrote:
Good reason ! However, just check on the delivery terms as from past experience, Super Saver delivery takes longer.

True, but I don't have to worry on that score, as I am a 'Prime' Amazon customer and receive all orders on a "next day" delivery basis... If I don't, they usually offer me a promotional credit voucher! Smile

Looking on Amazon's website again this morning it does now look as if they have most of the new IQ Routes range in stock... except for the one I have ordered, of course!

I am now wondering whether or not it is worth paying another £30 for the XL model... what do others think about this?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montala wrote:
This probably doesn't apply to TomTom's though, and I can see that I am starting to stray a bit "off topic here" anyway!

What does apply to the Sat Nav products with Pixmania is that some TomTom devices are regional specific and can be supplied for use in mainland Europe rather than the UK, this can render certain features inopperative.

This happened when the 930 was launched and the TTS voices plus voice recognition wouldn't work unless you jumped through hoops to obtain the necessary files - so I would be rather wary of purchasing equipment from them - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: