Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 950 with Google Talk - 500 To Give Away
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 950 with Google Talk - 500 To Give Away
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
We removed all posts that gave the game away prior to midday, just to prolong the gag.
Ah, that makes sense now that you explain it Embarassed
PaulB2005 wrote:
It was a joke called "Rickrolling"
Paul, I was aware of the joke, but I did wonder whether it was "our" joke or someone else's! That link is interesting! It suggests that the first Rickroll was in May 2007, I'd have sworn it had been going on for a LOT longer than that!
I didn't just get linked to Rick though! I also got "RufusRolled"(™ Jock 2009)
Darren wrote:
That was our doing (well our esteemed DB Admin) and it was meant to be. As PaulB has said, it is termed 'Rick Rolling'. He works darned hard for the rest of the year so we can allow him a little devilment one day a year?
I couldn't agree more! The first time I was amused! The 2nd, 3rd & 4th times less so! Maybe a "once per sucker" rule for the future? Laughing Laughing

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
limans75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one! Was nearly ready to explode after recently buying a 940. Its been a while since ive been taken in!
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to resurrect an old thread as it looks like the x50 is for real!

http://www.pentagongps.co.uk/tomtom-540-740-940-c90.html

£458 for the Tomtom 950!!?? However it seems the only difference to the 940 is that it is supporting the HD Service in the UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, as well as in the Netherlands.

Considering that is rolling out to all x40s in due course then I find this very cheeky as it is misleading the customer and also marketing it with a model number that I don't think exists! Of course I could be wrong and just missed the x50 press release!

*I did get peeved though as I searched here for info on the 950 and read the first post and thought there WAS a 3G 950 model! Lol!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget ordering from that outfit all they are doing is speculating that a new device might be numbered 950, we used the number 950 in the April 01 stunt that started this thread because it was the next logical in the sequence.

All the vendor is doing is attracting internet sales to a poor web site, click the 950 link and what does it describe a 940 - Total scam IMHO, or its a mistake and they have still to edit the web pages to reflect the capability of the device - I still think the April 01 description was best TBH.

Live roaming across the various countries that support it is already available on the XL-IQ-Live devices and will soon be available to x40 users.

Did the date or the discount code in the original post not trigger some alarm bells though? (try substituting Roman numbers) - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
Time to resurrect an old thread as it looks like the x50 is for real!

http://www.pentagongps.co.uk/tomtom-540-740-940-c90.html

£458 for the Tomtom 950!!?? However it seems the only difference to the 940 is that it is supporting the HD Service in the UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, as well as in the Netherlands.

Considering that is rolling out to all x40s in due course

The HD Traffic service has been available on the x40 models from day one.
I think you're confusing it with cross-border ROAMING of the Live Services, which is imminent on the x40's as Darren says.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
The HD Traffic service has been available on the x40 models from day one.
I think you're confusing it with cross-border ROAMING of the Live Services, which is imminent on the x40's as Darren says.

I have the 940 so understand re HD Traffic etc but was just trying to see how they justified the extra cost and it just seemed to be the ability to roam with the HD service.

Anyway I hadn't noticed that it is actually not possible to buy it so is, as Mike mentioned, just a way to pull in people googling by pre-empting the next model number.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: