Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please tell an idiot how to load his POI file to iGO 2006
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please tell an idiot how to load his POI file to iGO 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DockerWatson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Please tell an idiot how to load his POI file to iGO 2006 Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a small portable GPS, unnamed, but similar to Navman, runCan anyones iGo My Way 2006 plus from an SD card. The software has speedcam and petrol stations already activated, but I want to add just over 1200 POI LPG filling stations that I have to it but have no idea how to do this, can anyone explain step by step. I have the POI in zipped format which contains a csv file and LPG bmp file, also have it converted to txt file, but all methods I have tried so far have failed?
Ideas? Crying or Very sad
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can only load one type of poi to the iGo software.

The location of the .txt file is:

mobilenavigator / poi / Speedcam / SpeedCam.txt

If there is already a file by that name in the folder then you will loose that data unless you can merge it with you file.

Try renaming your file to: SpeedCam.txt

You will have to try the different settings to see what will display on the map, and if you want warnings or not.

If you want both speed camera and the petrol stations then you will have to merge the file into one.

iGo use their own icons for the map, the speed cam files have this defined for each type of camera within the SpeedCam.txt file. What will display if that data is not in the file I don't know.

Someone else may be able to help with this.
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Try this... Reply with quote

I didn't tried it, since I have no iGo 2006 available anymore, but should work:
http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=cm_ig
Download link at poiplaza is not valid anymore.. from another site, description:
iGO POI Explorer - Programme for POI management
You can create, edit or administrate more POI date bases with the help of free program iGO POI Explorer. This allows you to combine more categories of points of interest. The applications is installed on your PC requiring .Net Framework 2.0.
The steps for POI installing on your GPS:
1. Connect the SD card on your PC by a card reader.
2. Creat a substitute copy for igo.db file from the MobileNavigator folder.
3. Copy igo.db file in a work folder (ex.: desktop).
4. Download the files with the points of interest that you want from Evolio.ro, POI section. These have .asc format.
5. Import (Ctrl+F) the .asc files in POI Explorer. This will generate automatically a new igo.db file.
6. Export (Ctrl+D) the new igo.db file in work folder.
7. Copy the new igo.db file from the work folder from SD card in MobileNavigator folder, replacing the old one.

NOTE!!! - the downloaded points of interest will be in GPS in personal POI category.

It can be found i.e. here: http://en.evolio.ro/downloads/view/60/

Download will require registration. Hope it will help Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: