Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Launch One and XL IQ-Routes Editions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Launch One and XL IQ-Routes Editions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not mistaken, TomTom have now belatedly launched these for UK & Holland so I'll go and eat my hat Wink
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you chose a tasty one Darren! Smile

Just been looking at the RRP for the XL Europe Model, which is about £210, and is higher than I thought it would be.

As is usually the case with any newly released device it will probably be a little while before they are discounted by any appreciable amount unfortunately.

I wonder if any other models in the range will have their prices reduced, or if (like the 530 for example) they will just phase them out.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed the manuals for them are available on the TomTom site too.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, you weren't the only one who felt a different model was to be announced for GB and Holland. I would have accepted a bet myself.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this moring that they are now listed on the 'Products' page of TomTom's UK website.

It looks as if the standard UK version of the 'ONE' has now gone, and probably some others as well. Personally I cant see the "ONE Europe 22 Assist" lasting much longer either.

Although prices are shown, it doesn't appear as if any UK retailers have any stock as yet, but I am hopeful that some will start appearing by the end of April.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused by TT's reasons for these models .... don't they erode the "clear blue water" between the "One's" and the "Go's" that TomTom seemed so keen to make when they started removing functions from the Ones?

Now that (bizarrely) the 540 and 740 have no multimedia features, isn't the only thing missing from these new LIVE One's the hands-free?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Now that (bizarrely) the 540 and 740 have no multimedia features, isn't the only thing missing from these new LIVE One's the hands-free?

Thats the same view I have of these new devices, but if they are outstanding as a navigation aid without all the frustrations of Bluetooth to the mobile phone then I am sure they will be a cracking device - its very easy to fit a handsfree kit to the car these days without causing issues with the navigation device.
With so many different phones being released each month, and often each model has its own needs in terms of support software can you blame the navigation device moving away from needing the mobile phone connection? The Live device offers the data connection from the built in sim card without the problems of voice via the phone.

I am currently looking at other bluetooth technology for use in the car for the phone which won't require the use of the TomTom, whether this idea works or not we will have to wait and see - Mike
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montala wrote:
It looks as if the standard UK version of the 'ONE' has now gone, and probably some others as well. Personally I cant see the "ONE Europe 22 Assist" lasting much longer either.

Sorry for quoting from my own earlier post, but I see they have already replaced it with the "ONE Classic Regional"... oh yes, and we now have an "XL Classic Regional" as well!

I have decided though that I am going to wait and buy the new Europe edition of the ONE IQ Routes, just as soon as it is available here in the UK... hopefully from someone like Amazon!

Edit: Just seen on Amazon that these are due to be released on 21st April 2009... less than two weeks away! That means I should have it well before our trip to Portugal in May, and therefore I shan't get lost down some dubious back-street in the middle of nowhere, like I did last year! Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: